JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Ditto on the Tri-Motor

Also, being the son of a pilot who lived to take people up for joy rides so he had an excuse to fly, pilots often take people up and then circle their houses or other points of interest so they can take pics/etc.

Neighbor did that with Starks Airpark - paid to go up and took pics of his acreage - turned out fairly well, but he could have done the same thing from Google Earth if he had been patient.

It's just cover for the drones, plus that tri-motor is carrying an NSA pod. Obviously.

We don't have to worry though, got the anti-electronics up & running, and the roof looks just like a yard of fallen leaves.

Downside is how to camo my white truck & camper. I'm thinking "BLM" on the top in big black block letters. Would be good cover irregardless which alphabet agency sees it, and whichever way they dissemble the initials. ;)

Thanks Hop Sing. It was a fairly large plane and could've been a tri-motor. I only caught glimpses of it thru the trees when it circled.
But just for safety's sake, I covered up the still and and pulled the drapes...:rolleyes:

Yep it was the 1928 Ford Tri motor. I was giving rides all day long Friday and Saturday for $75 per head.
A good friend of mine had a great time.

tri.jpg

I didn't see it from the front, but guessed it was a Ford Tri motor. You can't mistake the sound of those old radials. I had a ride in one about 20 years ago at an airshow in upstate NY. Had a chance to meet Leo Loudenslager at that airshow as well as hang out with the Christen Eagles team.

Yep it was the 1928 Ford Tri motor. I was giving rides all day long Friday and Saturday for $75 per head.
A good friend of mine had a great time.

View attachment 316420

Yup! A friend and his wife took a ride out of Aurora last weekend and I saw the plane on one of it's trips when I was at the dragstrip in Woodburn. He mentioned that it would be flying out of Salem this weekend. Wish I'd had the chance to take a ride, too.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top