JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I promised some folks I'd post my impression of the break that I bought recently. It's called a Tactical Low Concussion Linear Rifle Muzzle Brake TLC/CQB by Bud Ready. I haven't been able to find out much about the company, but I can tell you that the break works pretty well.

81e1V%2BLZ4rL._SY355_.jpg

Installing it was pretty simple. I pulled the forend from my AR and put a piece of 2X4 on either side of the barrel (forward of the gas block) and clamped it in a bench vice. By placing it in the vice with the gun pointing straight up, I had plenty of room to close the vice. Next, I applied a wrench to the factory flash hider and tightened the vice until the hider would move but the gun wouldn't shift in the vice. This way I was reasonably sure that I hadn't over-tightened the vice, assuming that it's possible in this case. The new break didn't come with a crush washer but the existing one was still good, so I just reused it. As you can see from the picture, the break has no top or bottom, so there was no worry about timing (getting the break on tight but facing the right direction). Since I didn't have the necessary adaptor for my torque wrench, I just tightened the new break by feel. It hasn't fallen off yet, and I'm taking that as a tribute to my mechanical prowess. :rolleyes: If it does loosen, I'll consider getting the right tool.

At the range, the comp didn't seem a lot quieter to me from behind the gun, but standing beside a person shooting it was definitely more pleasant than with a stock flash hider. I didn't notice any decrease in recoil, but that's not really an issue with a 5.56 in the first place. What I did notice was that muzzle climb was markedly reduced. I was definitely back on target much quicker. I verified this with double taps on regular targets and a multiple silhouette double tap drill. I didn't time the drill, but I'd say going at a speed that usually results in 3 inch groups, the break gave me two inch groups. That's substantial to me, and for the $60 that I paid for it, I'm very happy. I'm still getting used to the look of it, but I'm willing to say that it's not ugly.

In a couple of weeks I'll do a review on a Krinkov style break on an AR pistol. I got it so cheap, it's going to have to fall off the gun in pieces to disappoint me. It's gotten good reviews so far, so I'm expecting it to at least hold together. A friend of mine has an SPL meter, so maybe we'll get some real world measurements on these things.

looks like a dolled up copy of a Levang linear muzzle brake, available through brownell's, around 35 bucks IIRC.

( A brake stops or limits something, break means something is broken)

looks like a dolled up copy of a Levang linear muzzle brake, available through brownell's, around 35 bucks IIRC.
if you think about it all linear comps look like that since a linear can really only look one way with something different done to the sleeve

I
In a couple of weeks I'll do a review on a Krinkov style break on an AR pistol. I got it so cheap, it's going to have to fall off the gun in pieces to disappoint me.
is it a true Krink/booster or is it a one piece with a cone machined in it ? Thanks

Hey man if you ever embark on another round of AR gunsmithing and want a little better setup to work on your gear get in touch. I am not far away and I have all the barrel vise blocks, receiver blocks, barrel torque bars along with pretty much everything else you could want to work on a AR. Your welcome just to pop in and use the stuff. (I have a commercial shop that is open to the public, its not like you would be showing up at my garage)

Hey man if you ever embark on another round of AR gunsmithing and want a little better setup to work on your gear get in touch. I am not far away and I have all the barrel vise blocks, receiver blocks, barrel torque bars along with pretty much everything else you could want to work on a AR. Your welcome just to pop in and use the stuff. (I have a commercial shop that is open to the public, its not like you would be showing up at my garage)

I'll do that. I seem to recall a "monstrous" shop just across the lake. ;)

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top