JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
I spent 30 years in the carpenters union. I would not recommend it to a young person. Your dues are spent on efforts to reduce your freedom. I don't remember ever hearing a union push for freedom unless it's freedom to join a union. Many times there is no freedom to not join. You will not find more hypocites any where than in union officials.

I spent 30 years in the carpenters union. I would not recommend it to a young person. Your dues are spent on efforts to reduce your freedom. I don't remember ever hearing a union push for freedom unless it's freedom to join a union. Many times there is no freedom to not join. You will not find more hypocites any where than in union officials.

So, you regret earning your good union wages, benefits, mediation, paid holidays, job safety rules, healthcare, and pension/investments? Compare that to the non-union guys making barely above minimum wage with zero benefits and protections. Without unions fighting for workers and leading the way nobody would have ever gotten anything! The real hypocrites are benefits-rich union members who won't lift a finger to vote out bad union leaders who back member-opposed causes..................elsullo :cool:

Sorry you had a bad experience. The money we spend buying big corporations' products does a lot more to reduce our freedom. I just watched Food, Inc. and it showed how Monsanto uses lawyers & private detectives to smash farmers who dare try to use their own seeds for their soybean crops. It was completely disgusting. These were old (yes, old) good ol' boys just getting destroyed...even when they were legally right! (They just couldn't afford their lawyer bills anymore so had to cave in and settle with Monsanto.)

If Glenn Beck and Limbaugh started talking about these kinds of cases, I'd have some respect for them. Oh, but they are millionaires too.

I have worked bolth sides and I dont think you realy have a clue what non union shops pay and what benies I get and In 15 years of being at the shop I am now this is the first year I have had time of Idid not ask for.
I dont have a problem with unions at all. You are just missiuiding people.
Union people need non union and vise versa.

So, you regret earning your good union wages, benefits, mediation, paid holidays, job safety rules, healthcare, and pension/investments? Compare that to the non-union guys making barely above minimum wage with zero benefits and protections. Without unions fighting for workers and leading the way nobody would have ever gotten anything! The real hypocrites are benefits-rich union members who won't lift a finger to vote out bad union leaders who back member-opposed causes..................elsullo :cool:

Status

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads