JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
This is easily one of my favorite rifles, but I need the money so I am gonna have to let it go. It's a Chinese Norinco (Factory 26) SKS in awesome shape and with a great bore. It's been 100% reliable, without a single malfunction. Includes 15 stripper clips. $200, no trades please. Edit: location=Hillsboro. SOLD

sks.jpg

edit: pics added:
sks3.jpg

sks2.jpg

sks4.jpg

SOLD

Do you ever find yourself in Eugene area? I'm semi interested but wouldn't want you to
make a special trip even half way just yet. Could You post some more detailed pics with the action open etc.?

I almost never go out to Eugene. In any case I can honor the request for close-ups of the action open by adding them to opening post. The batteries died on my external flash so they're not the most beautifully lit pics.

Thanks! Whats your understanding on the significance of the factory 26 as opposed to other markings? Also whats your guess/investigations on year mfg.? If I could also trouble you for one more pic that shows that stamp. Also how far south for a FTF are you willing to drive if at all?

Factory 26, also known as the Jianshe Arsenal, I believe is the first arsenal in China to produce copies of the SKS and it began doing so using Russian machinery and overseen by Russian personnel, basically makes it as nice as the original. Chinese SKS's are trickier to date than many others (the Russians for example, literally stamped the year of manufacture onto the rifle), with some Chinese clones it's literally impossible to tell, with the Factory 26 though, there's something of a code. You take the first digit from the serial number (if it's greater than 1,000,000), and add that to 1956 (when these first began production), in this case, the serial number starts with 8, which dates this rifle to 1964.

Pic of arsenal mark added to opening post.

As far as how far I am willing to drive, I'd say not much more than 40 miles.

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.