Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Lousignont Road

Discussion in 'Outdoor Shooting Areas' started by pinne65, May 1, 2016.

1. pinne65

pinne65 Hillsboro, OR Active Member

Driving out Lousignont today for the first time in many years I noticed every side road for the 1st 2 or so miles had a sign of NO target shooting threatening with prosecution.

This went on until I came upon the one depicted. First time for me but probably familiar to many members here. It had sign saying it had bben cleared by NWF members. The sign was shot up, there was a fire still smoldering, almost 14.5 lbs brass left on the ground and a bunch of other garbage.

The pic doesn't do the damage justice, I literally couldn't walk around without stepping on brass. Let alone find my own.

I totally understand the NO target shooting signs now :-(

LouSignont.jpg

Sgt Nambu likes this.
  2. Sgt Nambu

Sgt Nambu Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

:mad:Yeah, slob shooters suck!:mad:

3. etrain16

etrain16 Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Too bad we can't re-purpose jerks like those as target holders ;) :rolleyes:

Larrytpdx and Sgt Nambu like this.
  4. Mikej

Mikej Portland Gold Supporter Gold Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

That was April 2nd our clean-up group split up and cleaned that site. Got to wonder what these idiots think will be in the future for these sites?

All I can say is pick up what ever brass you can as there is a storm coming after this next election and brass will be $$. Of course I bet a LOT of that is not brass but steel case?

Sgt Nambu and etrain16 like this.
  5. pinne65

14.5 lbs brass it was that I picked up there. Most of it 5.56, plus some trash & put the fire out. I didn't get many steel cases since they are hard to see when the start to rust.

6. Mikej

Mikej Portland Gold Supporter Gold Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

Good for you! Funny how 3-4 years ago you were hard pressed to find ANY brass at these sights. Dumbasses have no use for brass now that ammo is readily available? I'll NEVER stop scrounging brass! It's like stumbling on a place in the forest where the ground covered in nickles and dimes!!

Sgt Nambu likes this.
  7. pinne65

Yep , as another member already said - brass to me is like the Ring to Gollum: "My prescious, I wants session it!"

8. that guy

that guy PDX Well-Known Member 2016 Volunteer

I know this thread is a few months old but I just realized this is where I parked to hunt grouse up in the hills a few weeks ago. This site was completely trashed. Worst shooting site I've ever seen. I would definetly nominated it for a future cleanup day.

partsed likes this.