JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I've been working in the most unfulfilling and toxic job for the last two years. My previous position, a great job, was eliminated, and I was involuntarily put in this one. Got let go this afternoon and what a burden off my shoulders.

So, I'm playing Animal Crossing with my family, going to do a lot of neglected yard work, increase my work outs and reload a bunch of ammo. Spend some meaningful time with my family.

Rest up and then hit the pavement...

I've been there! It's a weird feeling to get fired from a job you only stayed at for the money. On one hand, you feel like a failure, but on the other, you feel an immense weight lifted off of your shoulders and overwhelming feeling of relief and positivism.

Good luck in your job search!

I am hoping that Daimler was my last job for the rest of my life (unless Trump succeeds in bankrupting Social Security).

My layoff happened a bit earlier than I had planned, but still, so far it is working out. I had not taken a real vacation in years, just a few weeks each year when Daimler shut down and that was spent working on my property.

I am hoping that Daimler was my last job for the rest of my life (unless Trump succeeds in bankrupting Social Security).

My layoff happened a bit earlier than I had planned, but still, so far it is working out. I had not taken a real vacation in years, just a few weeks each year when Daimler shut down and that was spent working on my property.

Some departments are lead pretty well; others are entirely toxic.

This morning I applied for a couple of positions at Sig Saur in Wilsonville. If any NWFA members work there or have extended connections there, please send me a message. A little networking never hit.

I know a person who knows a person - my understanding is that they mostly do R&D and prototyping there, but some manufacturing?

Anyway, good luck.

Some departments are lead pretty well; others are entirely toxic.
Same with my company. My girlfriend and I both work for the same company, but in vastly different departments. It's frustrating to hear her talk about how her co-workers and her are always supportive and respectful of each other, how they get treated with respect and get the tools to do their job, and how they do everything with common sense and efficiency. My department is highly toxic with constant favoritism, sniping, backstabbing, and stupid decisions.

It's that way across the company with some people who absolutely love their job and coworkers, while others are stuck in dysfunctional and toxic groups.

42429595_n.jpg?_nc_ht=scontent-sea1-1.cdninstagram.jpg

I've been working in the most unfulfilling and toxic job for the last two years. My previous position, a great job, was eliminated, and I was involuntarily put in this one. Got let go this afternoon and what a burden off my shoulders.

So, I'm playing Animal Crossing with my family, going to do a lot of neglected yard work, increase my work outs and reload a bunch of ammo. Spend some meaningful time with my family.

Rest up and then hit the pavement...
I understand your feelings. As a former Marine, reaching out to another one, let me encourage you to not seek to be employed, but rather start your own business. I went to college while I was in the Marines and then went to work as a sheriff's deputy for 6 years. It wasn't what I wanted to do. So, I went to work for a Fortune 100 company as a Mechanical Engineer. I was promoted several times and after 20 years and also after obtaining a Masters Degree, I started four separate and distinct businesses. Each of them were very profitable and allowed me to do the things that I truly loved. I also was happily married and had two excellent sons. Once you have eliminated the issue of income and being displaced or laid off, the quality of life is unimaginable! I enjoyed education so I went back to school and completed a Ph.d in 1998. I sold my businesses to my employees, invested the proceeds and reinvented myself. Now, I'm looking hard at age 74 and still waking up delighted every day. I have helped many folks start their own small businesses (at no charge) and watched those that were really serious, prosper.
If I can help you, just PM me and we'll get started. Before you do though, take some time and think about what you'd like to do.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top