JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hey all,
I was browsing a map and seen Lost lake, checked ODFW and I guess they stock it and there is camping there.

Has anyone been there? Hows the fishing? and are the camp spots right next to the lake? I want to take my boys up there camping and fishing and wanted get some info.
Thanx,
Soul

I've been there several times. Beautiful place. They have cabins you can rent that is right on the lake. Camping in the campground isn't bad but you have to walk a little ways to get to the lake. There is boats that you can rent and the lake is stocked pretty good with fish.

It is quite a ways off hwy 26. Long single lane gravel road.

I assume that your talking about the lake that is close to Spruce run. If so, there is no camping on the Lake, But if you go into Spruce run to camp, it is first come basis. Fishing is pretty good alot of smaller trout, decent access to lake not alot of bank access but there are several spots.

Thanx all, I used to camp past spruce run campground near the river during steel head runs. I dont really NEED a campground. :) I will try and drive up there one of these days to check it out. but just wanted to know if it was worth taking the boys there. Sounds good to me though

I will save the cabin renting for another time. I.E. I am BROKE lol .... We will find a spot close. Since this is really the first year my boys and I will be able to go camping (ex-wife always did something to stop a camping trip) I want them to know there are other ways besides hotels and big campers lol .... This is close, wont cost a lot to do, and it will teach them that they can live without running water and a toilet LOL. Thank you everyone.

there are a lot of places to camp up there, the only thing is it may be that time of year that you may not be able to have a fire, should be sighns on the way in saying. As far as fishing, your boys should have a blast, I use a pink worm about an inch long just a little of the bottom and catch a bunch up there, have fun

I've been there several times. Beautiful place. They have cabins you can rent that is right on the lake. Camping in the campground isn't bad but you have to walk a little ways to get to the lake. There is boats that you can rent and the lake is stocked pretty good with fish.

It is quite a ways off hwy 26. Long single lane gravel road.

Not sure where you are thinkimg of but the Lost Lake by Spruce Run Park has no cabins there. Or boat rentals. There are no buildings at all. :confused:

The lake has very little access from the bank but you can get out on the old growth logs that surround the edges and fish from them. They sometimes stock the lake with fish in the 5 to 8 lb range from North Fork Nehalem hatchery so you have a chance to catch very nice fish. But most are in the 10" to 14" range. You can take a raft up there is the best way, there are no gas motors allowed there though.

No nothing up there? That is even better! I plan on taking the raft up there. I just have to get my oars back from my buddy I loaned them to.

The web site didnt mention anything about cabins, or boat rentals..... BUT there are like 4 lost lakes in Oregon....lol so maybe there is another one out hwy26 that someone is thinking of? I dont know. but ya good size fish, no one around, sounds good to me. and as frenchie mentioned, I plan on checking the fire warnings before going out. I have a ring I could bring OR a little propane cooker if I have to

There are 2 lost lakes. The on up by Mt Hood, and the one in the coast range by spruce Run. I grew up going to the MT Hood Lost lake as a kid, every summer. Was a really great place, lots of memories. Boat rentals, Store, all the goodies. But thats not the one OP is talking about.

I also grew up on the Oregon Coast and went to Spruce Run all the time as a kid. I didnt go to Lost lake untill years after I left the coast, some where in 1997, I remember it was the same weekend Princess Dianna died. That lost lake was a small primitive place, but we still camped there. Fishing was ok, power bait was all we had and the fish didnt really like it. The cigars and Beer helped pass the time.

here is an official info link for the Clatsop County Lost lake...

<broken link removed>

and a blog about it...

Lost Lake « Fishkamp

Last Edited:
If you decide to go to the Lost lake in Clatsop county, the fishing there is very decent. on any good thursday or friday you'll probably catch me and my twin up there floating around in a raft. that place is somewhat popular. I've driven around that place just to explore a little bit too and most places where people shoot are only ok for pistol and 22lr plinking. not a lot people shoot there though( I think). mainly for fishing. My brother once caught a 16 inch steelhead up there. that one was nice too. I think it was steel head anyways. but if you decided to go witht he kids its great. Just make sure you bring a raft or a small boat and a sweater. Happy Hunting :)

I grew up in Jewell.......and fish at lost lake on a regular basis. There are NO CABINS or BOAT RENTALS. Take the trail to the left of the "boat launch" and after a little hike you will reach some good on the bank fishing spots. I have caught several 10 pound trout that have been released in the lake. They are difficult to catch.....gotta figure out what they will bite.

If you decide to go to the Lost lake in Clatsop county, the fishing there is very decent. on any good thursday or friday you'll probably catch me and my twin up there floating around in a raft. that place is somewhat popular. I've driven around that place just to explore a little bit too and most places where people shoot are only ok for pistol and 22lr plinking. not a lot people shoot there though( I think). mainly for fishing. My brother once caught a 16 inch steelhead up there. that one was nice too. I think it was steel head anyways. but if you decided to go witht he kids its great. Just make sure you bring a raft or a small boat and a sweater. Happy Hunting :)

I grew up in Jewell.......and fish at lost lake on a regular basis. There are NO CABINS or BOAT RENTALS. Take the trail to the left of the "boat launch" and after a little hike you will reach some good on the bank fishing spots. I have caught several 10 pound trout that have been released in the lake. They are difficult to catch.....gotta figure out what they will bite.

TEN POUNDERS!!! WOOH!!! That is nice, my bro has just started fly fishing and he caught something on his second cast. It seems to work out okay. IDK all I do is cast out and troll around when I'm there. I'm a lazy fisherman.

The lost lake by mt hood has cabins and boat rentals. This is what I thought the op was talking about. Turns out he was talking about the other one.

Regardless, the lost lake by mt hood is beautiful and the fishing there is very good.

I saw some really big trout jumping up at lost lake. As far as the lost lake on Mt.Hood the fishing is great. Haven't been there in a few years but every day I limited out. happy fishing!

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top