JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Los Angeles Mayoral Candidate Karen Bass claimed the stolen handguns had been stored "safely and securely" in a Brinks Lock Box. Nothing else was taken by the burglar.

Another news article (behind a pay wall) included her claim that the firearms were safely and securely stored in a Brinks Lock Box. The only Brinks box that I could find is this plastic clam shell that is unlikely to meet California's requirement for firearms security containers. Is there a "better" one that I wasn't able to find with google?

brinks lock box.jpg

Last Edited:
Los Angeles Mayoral Candidate Karen Bass claimed the stolen handguns had been stored "safely and securely" in a Brinks Lock Box. Nothing else was taken by the burglar.

Another news article (behind a pay wall) included her claim that the firearms were safely and securely stored in a Brinks Lock Box. The only Brinks box that I could find is this plastic clam shell that is unlikely to meet California's requirement for firearms security containers. Is there a "better" one that I wasn't able to find with google?

View attachment 1274939
I found several Brinks Home Security lock boxes on the net. All I saw were in the $20-$50 dollar range.
👎😳😳

I've wondered about those smallish lock boxes, not just the Brinks. I figure if it doesn't weigh at least 500 pounds, it doesn't have much utility against theft. Yet "legal" it might be.

Oh stop it. Rrrrrright......detailed specifications on the approved lock box.

Yeah.......prevent ANYONE (including you) from access to it. That's a great thing to celebrate with SAFE GUN STORAGE laws.

NOT.

Next thing you know....the State of CA will require that your "sex toys" be locked up too.

wwf2ag.jpg

Aloha, Mark

Im curious now, what exactly are the minimum requirements for "safe storage" containers in California?

Last Edited:
Sounds a little like staging a "we need to ban firearms because securing a firearm is a myth" stunt to me. An unknown burglar is going to rifle through a home and bypass everything but her firearms?? Yeah... riiiiight....

Possibly her maid or someone close, who knew the location, got hard up for cash and couldn't fight the temptation, but something smells rotten.

Nothing helps bolster a political stance than a personal experience story to help illustrate it. That's all I'm sayin......

(I admit, I may be jaded. Anything coming out of a CA crats mouth set's my skeptic radar off) ;)

Last Edited:

View attachment 1274939
There will be.

I guess those Chicago MAGA bandits made it to LA. I wonder if there was a warning label:
Do not store next to heat.
For use 8 year olds and above
Not microwave safe

My guess would be that the guns were in fact unsecured and stolen. She then stages the non compliant "safe" to try to save her butt.
Now that would NOT surprise me a bit!!! One common theme with people like her is to make rules and laws that they are exempt from. When they get burned by some law they wanted to foist on others they of course want to find a way to be again exempt from it.

Given that NOTHING else was taken, and the "safe" was easily portable yet they didn't just walk off with it to open at their leisure…:s0153:
…. This seems more like a "NASCAR noose" or "Jesse Smell-it Assault" to me. :s0092:

Given that NOTHING else was taken, and the "safe" was easily portable yet they didn't just walk off with it to open at their leisure…:s0153:
…. This seems more like a "NASCAR noose" or "Jesse Smell-it Assault" to me. :s0092:
Also where were the keys stored and is very suspicious that both keys are still on the same ring, you would think that they would be kept in separate locations.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top