JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
....is a very good thing. I got on a monster project at work, haven't really had a day off in 5 months, and as a result lost 35lbs. Down from 235 to 200. Everything I do is easier now.

For one thing, the SIG p320 that I used to struggle to conceal tucks in neatly where my love handles used to be. And my pants don't constantly fall down, because I have an a$$ again, not just a straight line down from my back.

I can fit in the car easier, get around easier on foot, clothes fit better.

Anyone considering getting fit, I would say just do it! You will discover rewards you never imagined.

Edit: I forgot to mention blood pressure also down 15 points.

Last Edited:
I'm 42, gonna be 43 in December. I'm 6' 1" and weigh 215. I work out routinely and try to keep my stuff in order. I agree that a big boiler and poor diet affects all of us. I have ZERO belly roll over the belt. But I'm certainly not the 23 year old me I used to be. I can still get my fight, **** and drink on with the best of them though. I FEEL like I'm in my twenties. But my DL and CHL says differently. :p:p:p:p

Just a note on your pants not falling down now that you've lost weight......Once you get to the upper 50s into 60s you'll lose that $$s again. Suspenders can be a good thing!

I have been working on losing weight since Febuary and am down 35 pounds from 240 to 205. I can tell you its not been as easy as a bit of extra time at work. I cut out 100% of sugar and anything that turns to sugar in your system and it seems like I eat next to nothing but have stalled and have been unable to lose any weight for the last 2 months even though I am only taking in 1800 calories a day or so. I am still 40 pounds heavier than when I was in my best adult shape and even though where I am is a big improvement I would really like to shed at least another 20 pounds.

IMG_4429.GIF

Also, why has no one mentioned the added bonus of NOT needing a mirror to see your wiener because it's hidden under a flabalanche?

:D

I have been working on losing weight since Febuary and am down 35 pounds from 240 to 205. I can tell you its not been as easy as a bit of extra time at work. I cut out 100% of sugar and anything that turns to sugar in your system and it seems like I eat next to nothing but have stalled and have been unable to lose any weight for the last 2 months even though I am only taking in 1800 calories a day or so. I am still 40 pounds heavier than when I was in my best adult shape and even though where I am is a big improvement I would really like to shed at least another 20 pounds.

I forgot to add that I also missed a bunch of meals, not on purpose but because I would often get called away in the middle of breakfast or dinner, and never had time for lunch.

But you can hit a wall. Your metabolism slows down when you eat so little, and it becomes harder to lose. I have always lost and gained weight really fast, I keep Levis around in 32, 34, and 36 for that reason.

And my brother in law must have the metabolism of a hummingbird, because he eats like a hog and always has been lanky.

My project at work probably ends this week, now I have to make sure I keep the weight off during a more normal routine.

I must be a typical person and the Pacific Northwest because I gain weight in the winter time (due to lack of exercise, too friggin wet to get out & walk):eek: and I lose it in the summertime because i get busy with projects & walk, a lot. :D
I used to be 190-205# for 30 years & injured my back, can't workout like I used to & put on 40#s. IM is right that diet & sugar intake will drop pounds but exercise is key to weight loss.;)

Being a 5'-11" skinny guy 158 lbs. who couldn't gain weight if I tried, is finally getting some payback from being pushed around in High School by all you big guys.

Crosstrain. Trick your body into getting back in to the fat burning mode by mixing up your workouts. Strength train, cardio, and different mixes of the two.

Being fat sucks. Trust me I know. (6'2" 343lbs as of this morning) and losing weight is MUCH harder than gaining it. The wife and I have been working on losing weight since Jan and it is really tough.

Being fat sucks. Trust me I know. (6'2" 343lbs as of this morning) and losing weight is MUCH harder than gaining it. The wife and I have been working on losing weight since Jan and it is really tough.

I'm in the same ballpark, 5'7 & 300 lbs, but dropped 60 lbs over the last year. I gained weight rapidly when I switched from manual labor to a tech job 25 years ago. What has helped me to lose weight are to cut the carbs (focus on protein, fats, and salad vegetables, cut sugars, starches, and all prepared foods) and after work I don't let myself sit down for longer than five minutes until 8:00 PM. I just find something to do and do it. It keeps me from sitting, snacking, and zoning out to the TV.

It all started with Primal Blueprint, and what I do now is an extension of what I learned from the book and the web site.

Just keep at it, slow & sure.

Need something to keep you on track when your having a bad day? Just think on how much longer you all will be around for each other & your families.

You're health is the one thing you can control and most folks don't or don't care. Doesn't do much good to plan for retirement/TEOTWASWKI/zombies if you're not around to enjoy it.
Eat less exercise more.
Or as the Author Michael Pollan says:
"Eat food, not too much, mostly plants."

Whether your losing weight or gaining muscle your body will reach a plateau stage where it just stops. Routine is good for you to stay in a program but the program needs to change every 4-6 weeks.
High intensity, interval training works great.
Even just body weight exercises with high reps.

And dieting, most important thing isn't cutting food out (except sugar) but eating smaller meals throughout the day.
You'll need 4-6 meals throughout the day and make them small. It will push your metabolism really start working for you.

But what if you're big boned?

FAT-MRI.png

lol
I wouldn't mind losing like 10-20lbs.. it seems it's much more dependent on diet than exercise for me now. It's really no wonder/surprise.. back when I was younger, I would really hardly even eat but go all day and night.
Tough going.

Diet is most of the work. Just understand what food is healthy and what isn't.

I wouldn't bother following any fads either. Just cut back, or cut out completely, simple carbs like soda and candy. Fruits are okay because of the fiber.

Also, just to clarify all the gluten nonsense... If you aren't allergic to gluten, gluten free isn't worth it.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top