JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
[QUOTESent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2][/QUOTE] (WOW could not help my self)

Wasn't very long ago every body was saying use firefox!!!

I am now trying chroooome!!! (old movie)

I just run Firefox (an older 3.x version) with NoScript, AdBlock Plus and Ghostery. That will defeat most of the scripted types of web infectors.

Very little can stop a virus/trojan that involves someone clicking on a link. Some get caught by your antivirus software but there is new stuff coming out all the time.

elsie

Linux is a distinct operating system with similarities to Unix Operating Systems. It is ran on a lot of servers and supercomputers so it not only for personal computers. Linux has many similarities to Unix OSs but it is a different OS. The experience for users of a traditional Unix OS and Linux should be similar. I agree with your statements regarding flexibility, learning curve, and software compatibility.

If OP is willing to pay premium to run OS X, that is unix with a usable GUI and good software availability.

Linux is a personal computer subset of Unix, which is one of the original large computer OS. I don't know Linux, but I do know several versions of Unix and I will say...yes, much more flexable, but you will need to actually learn how to use it and some software will not run with it.

Once you understand Linux, you will like it a lot better than Windows, but it WILL take effort on your part to learn how to use it.

I use AVG (always have). It catches most everything, and updates daily (or actually, min daily, otherwise, every time you turn your computer on.

Your recovery if Linux fails will be much more complex - I support AIX, Solaris and Linux ( Redhat and Suse ) - work with someone that knows thier stuff.

James Ruby

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top