JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Arizona state Sen. Lori Klein (R), a gun-rights champion, keeps a loaded raspberry-pink handgun in her purse, and during an interview with Arizona Republic reporter Richard Ruelas, she took it out and pointed it at him.

"Oh, it's so cute," Klein said, before aiming the gun at Ruelas's chest to show off the red beam of the laser sight. Klein's gun, a .380 Ruger, has no safety, but the senator assured Ruelas that he wasn't in danger.

"I just didn't have my hand on the trigger," she said.

Guns in Arizona: Legislator's gun highlights debate
Lori Klein, Arizona State Senator, Pointed Loaded Gun At Reporter Richard Ruelas's Chest

This woman needs to have the four rules beat into her with a lash! She didn't do any favors for 2A advocates with that stupid action. I hold out hope that maybe the reporter asked her to do it to make the story more sensational, but even if he did there is no excuse.

If you hear the Senator's version of this story, it is a bit different in the telling than Mr. Ruelas' version.

Firstly, the interview was specifically about the Senator and her gun. SHe didn't just decide to whip it out. Secondly, at the request of the reporter, the gun was cleared of ammunition, displayed, then pointed in a direction where no one was present to demonstrate the laser. At this point, Mr. Ruela moved into her line of direction whereby the beam fell on his chest. Quite a different version of events than the HuffPo portrays, eh?

Now...was she demonstrating absolute brainlessness in thinking that she'd get a fair review from a leftie like Mr. Ruelas? Ayup. A gun isn't a fashion accessory or a political statement. Keep it in your damn purse where it belongs.

Keith

If you hear the Senator's version of this story, it is a bit different in the telling than Mr. Ruelas' version.

Firstly, the interview was specifically about the Senator and her gun. SHe didn't just decide to whip it out. Secondly, at the request of the reporter, the gun was cleared of ammunition, displayed, then pointed in a direction where no one was present to demonstrate the laser. At this point, Mr. Ruela moved into her line of direction whereby the beam fell on his chest. Quite a different version of events than the HuffPo portrays, eh?

You might want to watch the video in the first link.
There is an audio recording in which she explicitly states that she pointed it at the reporter to show him the laser.
I dont know whether it was loaded or not, but it really doesnt matter to me. She should have more common sense and better muzzle discipline, ESPECIALLY if she is attempting to be a voice for CHL holders.
This kind of thing gives amazing amounts of fodder for the anti crowd.

Seems to me that is one of the biggest problems in government right now. The fact she is a senator shouldn't matter.

Agreed...at least the media is giving her some backlash over this...even interviewed an instuctor who pointed out how much of a no-no it is to point a firearm at someone.

1. Treat all firearms as if they are loaded
2. Never point a firearm at anything you are not willing to destroy.
3. Keep your finger off the trigger until you are ready to fire.
4. Be aware of your target; what is behind it and beyond it.

Of the four firearm safety rules, she obeyed one (#3) of the four, so she doesn't think that it is a big deal....I hope Arizona gun nuts are e-mailing the crap out of her right now to say how much of an tard she makes all gun owners look.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top