Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Lorcin L9mm?

Discussion in 'Handgun Discussion' started by country boy, Feb 24, 2010.

1. country boy

country boy portland area Member

I was just offered a NIB Lorcin L9mm by a friend, but I know nothing about them and couldn't find anything on google. Any information about the quality/reliability/price would be much appreciated.

2. cyclesarge

cyclesarge Eugene OR, DUH! We're ALL in the NORTHWEST Well-Known Member

"offered"? Was it free? I probably wouldn't take one if it was given to me for the simple fact that, then I would owe the giver something. Even if I shot 500 rounds through one without failure, I'd be looking at the cheap build thinking "this thing is gonna break soon".

3. country boy

It was offered for $300

4. jmh119

jmh119 Hillsboro, Oregon Member

a quick look via google images shows several auctions with them, ranging in price from $100 to $200. I am sure that there are reviews out there somewhere.

5. Nightshade

Nightshade vancouver,WA Well-Known Member

300 and he's your friend..Dang

6. country boy

Hmm, google fu must not have been working earlier. I'll try again.

7. cyclesarge

cyclesarge Eugene OR, DUH! We're ALL in the NORTHWEST Well-Known Member

$300? I'd punch him in the NARDS and spit in his eye.

8. raftman

raftman Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

In my opinion, that's a pretty bad deal. Lorcin is anything but a well-regarded manufacturer. Even if NIB, I'd not pay even half the asking price. If you've got $300, you have tons of choices for far superior guns.

9. country boy

From what he told me it sounded like he didn't know much about it, so he may have gotten suckered himslef.

10. JUSTIficatioN

JUSTIficatioN Seattle, Wa Member

I googled "lorcin 9mm" and got some info. Doesn't sound like a $300 gun to me, unless it's got some sort of collectors value i didn't read about. Now I'm not saying this is true, but on a few sites it was talked about how some went "missing" from the factory due to poor security, but that seems like a rumor to me.

11. Nightshade

just..that was a true story I remember it.. please don't pay over a 100 for any lorcin
    never ever trust your life to one.. infact don't even buy one..unless your a sturgeon fisherman..
    my .02

12. country boy

If I were to buy it it would just be for plinking, but from the replies I've gotten and a little bit of research, it looks like I won't be getting it unless he drops the price significantly. Oh yeah, and actually I am a sturgeon fisherman:D

13. Nightshade

sounds like a good plan, lots of fellas know good and bad firearms here
    you are a fisherman..cool.

14. Will

Will Everett Active Member

I've never owned one, never met anyone that has. What I heard about the brand is not goood. Spending $300 I bet you can find a far better 9mm, look for a Ruger p89 it is well in the price range and will be a far better pistol.

I expect others here can suggest what you can get for $300 that will serve you well.