JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Representative Greg Bareto will not be seeking reelection in 2020. This seems worrisome. Anyone over in District 58 care to comment? After the crap storm that came down the pike when they walked out of the capitol to deny the quorum, and save the people of the state of Oregon countess millions of $$$, I'm worried that the gov will be able to screw us all.

Some readers see this part of your email after the subject line in the inbox.
Write something brief and catchy, compelling them to open the email.​
43eda57d-ccc2-4d09-9935-e5c944b5f364.jpg

REPRESENTATIVE GREG BARRETO
OREGON HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES
HOUSE DISTRICT 58

For Immediate Release
Wednesday, Nov. 13, 2019
[email protected]

Rep. Greg Barreto Will Not Seek Re-Election

Dear Friends,

It has been an honor and privilege to be elected and to serve as the State Representative for Oregon House District 58. The past 6 years have been an adventure and time of learning. I have enjoyed helping my constituents, passing legislation that is for the good of all Oregonians, and working for the great people of HD58. Thank you for this opportunity to serve and for the strong support I have received from so many.

I believe in a citizen legislature and that the job should not become a profession. When I ran for office, my intention was to give 6 years to this position if the people of HD58 continued to re-elect me, and I have done my best to make them the most effective 6 years that I could. For me, being your Representative has always been about serving you best and holding to the core principles that I ran on in 2014. I have no regrets about the time I have given to this important position, but after much consideration, and in keeping with my conviction in the efficacy of a limited term of service, I have decided I will not be running for re-election in 2020. It is time for me to step back into the private sector and focus on running our growing family business and spending more time with our grandchildren.

In Oregon, we have a citizen legislature that allows anyone who is interested in serving to step up to the plate and run for office. I believe it is now time for someone else to have the opportunity, take on the responsibility and enjoy the privilege of serving the people of HD 58 in the capacity of State Representative.

Thank you for supporting me, for your friendships, your council, concerns, and most importantly for your prayers.

God bless you,​
31dc147b-0fb6-4650-b130-0644864b8f15.png
‌​

Greg​

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I DO live in Rep Barreto's district. In fact in his home town.

He has been a reliable voice for conservative issues. Not effective??? None of them can be when R's are outnumbered and dominated by committee chairmen that have created rules and procedures and freely use the same to neuter any and all opposition to the point where the only way to stop them is a walkout. Then we start hearing people in the other party complain that R's are not doing their job... it's a very common talking point!!!

If Greg is not replaced by a person of similar thinking, this district is going to get screwed even more than we already do.

Mr. Barreto has a large manufacturing business here. A VERY successful business. He has given 6yrs to the public need... which should be appreciated. He will be missed!!!

Welcome home Greg!!

Last Edited:
We lost Jackie Winters (R) in my Senate District 10th last summer. She was replaced by Denyc Boyle (R) who came from the House. They are just playing musical chairs right now, trying to plug holes in the dike..

The Authoritarian Marxist Elite grows in strength daily. When my folks are gone one day my wife and I are outta here.

Well I DO live in Rep Barreto's district. In fact in his home town.

He has been a reliable voice for conservative issues. Not effective??? None of them can be when R's are outnumbered and dominated by committee chairmen that have created rules and procedures and freely use the same to neuter any and all opposition to the point where the only way to stop them is a walkout. Then we start hearing people in the other party complain that R's are not doing their job... it's a very common talking point!!!

If Greg is not replaced by a person of similar thinking, this district is going to get screwed even more than we already do.

Mr. Barreto has a large business here. A VERY successful business. He has given 6yrs to the public need... which should be appreciated. He will be missed!!!

Welcome home Greg!!
Thanks for that BB. The way this state is going, every "R" in Salem counts.

Can't comment about the rep.

But Holy Hell someone get in touch with their digital marketer. That nested table structure is beyond unnecessary and the forgetting to remove or change the pre-header line is an atrocious mistake. That should have been hidden at the template level anyways.

Oh vey. I hope the next guy/gal to take his place hires someone who can build an email for 2019. The dinosaur who coded up that one is probably still running AOL 'cause they like Mac telling them "You've Got Mail."

Can't comment about the rep.

But Holy Hell someone get in touch with their digital marketer. That nested table structure is beyond unnecessary and the forgetting to remove or change the pre-header line is an atrocious mistake. That should have been hidden at the template level anyways.

Oh vey. I hope the next guy/gal to take his place hires someone who can build an email for 2019. The dinosaur who coded up that one is probably still running AOL 'cause they like Mac telling them "You've Got Mail."

It didn't come to me like that. All I did was copy/paste. Now ME on the other hand, not too bright when it come to computer stuff. :s0153:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top