JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have a Browning Gold Hunter whose stock has loosened up. The guys at Browning claim that "all you need to do" is remove the two screws holding the recoil pad to get to the bolt holding the stock in place. I have poked and pryed the recoil pad to the point that I'm afraid I'm going to tear it off, but I can't find the two screws holding the pad on. Any tips for how to locate those litttle buggers?

Look for the two holes one near each edge of the stock, they will be small and put some oil on your screwdriver, they might be flat blade screw or phillips you will have feel around for the slot. them you can get the pad off.
Earl

Like cyclesurvival said, There will be two screws holding the recoil pad on. They should be exactly centered, approximately an inch from the top and an inch from the bottom. Look closely and I'm sure you will have it figured out in no time. :s0155:

Sd was right, once I got over being squimish about poking a screw driver thru the recoil pad it was only a matter of minutes before it was off, the stock tightened and then back on. Thanks Guys!!

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top