JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hi,
While trying to sight in my WWll M1-A1 carbine, I found that the rear sight is so loose that I can actually move it back and forth by hand. It's an original L type. Any ideas on how to get it tight and still be able to do a minor adjustment? I am considering using red or blue LocTite, but thought I'd ask for suggestions here, first.
Thanks,
Max

Hi RVNvet,
Is the sign loose up and down or Right to left or both way or Attached to the reciever?
Could be tighting up Dove Tail Or Broken spring or something.
Please let me know,
Tony Portland, Oregon Area

Left to right. The base of the sight is slightly smaller than the dovetail...probably worn from being disassembled a lot of times.

Use a small flat face punch ( .187 dia or so) and a small ball peen. So you will be bumping the top edges downward, closing it slightly. Sometimes a prick punch can be used in the floor area to raise a little metal around the punch marks. You can do a series of those. Then spread red locktite and reinstall sight.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top