JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Oct 21, 2020: Richmond Italia is the new owner of the Remington Arms plant in Ilion.

"I've been a hunter my whole life," said Italia. "I grew up with the name Remington, so it definitely hit a chord."

Italia was alerted to the possibility of buying Remington 10 days before it was sold in bankruptcy court in Alabama. He said he wants the gun manufacturing to continue and be successful.

"Upper management for Remington — and I don't want to use the word hunters — but they're not going to be suit and ties," said Italia. "They're going to be guys that get their hands dirty, guys that are going to walk the floor and talk to the employees."

According to Italia, the building is dated. He wants to renovate it and make it modern.

"You have this super modern facility with untrained staff [in Alabama] and then you go up to New York and you have the opposite, where you have incredible staff, in an antiquated facility," said Italia. "So, I believe that probably was the single biggest mistake that the old management has done."

Italia plans to bring back as many workers to manufacture guns as possible. About 600 plant employees are still on furlough, but it shouldn't take much longer, according to Italia.
They still have to secure parts suppliers that also closed during the pandemic.

"We're not talking, we're not shutting down for six months," said Italia. "We're talking weeks to a maximum a couple of months. Maximum."

The Marlin line of weapons, formerly made in the Ilion plant, was bought by Ruger. They will be moving out, but Italia said he should be able to bring back the same level of workforce.

"If we do close down Huntsville, and Sturgis, and Lenoir City, and concentrate them under one roofline, which will be Ilion, that will more than replace the employees that were lost on the Marlin line," said Italia.

I hope this means some quality workmanship will be forthcoming.

Don't care where, don't care how.... I just wants me a Remmy V3TAC-13 like YESTERDAY!! :s0058:

BEA62E2A-7BC2-43F9-85AF-3487E3308E00.jpeg

Meet the new boss, same as the old boss, literally.

At a glance, sounds like the fleecing done at Sears by its chairman.
Remington may have been a great company once. Once they were put over a barrel by Blackstone and saddled with the debt of Blackstone's purchase of Rem, the funeral dirge was already playing.
The cynical side of me says, watch the firearm factory be permanently closed, and exception to gun importation laws be made, and production be moved offshore to China.

FWIW, I got an email yesterday that Kimber has moved to Alabama.

At a glance, sounds like the fleecing done at Sears by its chairman.
Remington may have been a great company once. Once they were put over a barrel by Blackstone and saddled with the debt of Blackstone's purchase of Rem, the funeral dirge was already playing.
The cynical side of me says, watch the firearm factory be closed, and exception to gun importation laws be made, and production be moved offshore to China.

If exception to gun importation laws is made, maybe we can get Norinco AK's again

so I don't see Ilion ever going away, not as long as I have anything to do with the ownership," says Managing Partner Richmond Italia.

According to Richmond Italia, an official with Roundhill Group,

So this Richmond Italia has gone from a 'Managing Partner' and an 'Official' with the Roundhill Group to the 'Owner' of Remington?

How did this happen?

Wow... sounds like some skullduggery, there, at least on a surface read. Sell your company to an insider, who then bows out, so you can screw your workers out of their contract... Taking it all with a grain of salt, not really a huge fan of the Remington guns or ammunition, or primers, anyway.

Corporate tales all seem to follow the same path. Once the money flows, the corruption sets in. Money men instead of gun guys when what is needed is a balance. In general undustry, such companies ultimately fail, or receive a Chrysler/GM-like corporate bailout. I note that there is no bailout in firearm maker cases.

Broken human nature the blame in all cases. Those who fight it and succeed are the most remarkable, no matter the size of the company.

Came very close to SBSing something like that. Then went in another direct with NFA shenanigans (machine-pistol). But that does look like a handy scattergun. :D
Isn't it a strange nation which allows you to defend yourself, but then tells you exactly how you must defend yourself.

Wiley Coyote knows the law. I'm packin' a Homelite chainsaw. Oughta' see those Seattle Marxists become road runners when I fire that up...

Examples like this are why I scratch my head when Trump-ettes clamor for "less Government"

I hope that this guy gets everything that his greedy self deserves.
We have more than enough government to go after this guy. Too much government is when they store all of your mobile metadata just in case they need to spy on you retroactively later, or put you on a no-fly list that you cannot ask about and cannot get your self removed from. Too much government is when it takes 6 years to get the permits to build a road. I'll leave it at that for now but there's lots more if you insist. :)

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top