JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'm all for 2A rights and everything, but I think I'd have to go ahead and sell my POS guns worth maybe $50 bucks for $200 each! Most of those I can see in the picture look pretty poor in quality and low value.

i witnessed a "large" gun buyback, in a major city here in the US once.
i saw a good number of the guns that were being turned in. my favorite was a benjamin single shot bb gun. some crappy revolvers, clapped out old military bolt actions, etc. every person got handed a gift card or cash.

along with people handing in guns, the police brought TRUCKLOADS of confiscated guns. when the news was there taking pictures, it looked like there were SO, SO many guns that were turned in... but in actuality like 9/10 of them were the confiscated arms.

Another cash for clunkers program perhaps? I'm gonna start buying all the old relics I can get my hands on and double my money on another knee-jerk, dip bubblegum government "feel good" program...I just know that's around the corner. :s0155:

One paragraph from the article:
There’s only one problem with this scenario: in all likelihood, it’s the law-abiding citizens returning guns. The criminals are not about to surrender theirs. All reports from the scene quote people who were highly unlikely to use their firearms for criminal activity in the first place.
Yep, that just about says it all.

For 200 buck I would walk down to pawn shop pick up 2 hipoint 9mm for $75 each walk out the door. Couple hours later I get $400 without any question ask where the gun coming from. That is over 100% profit in couple hours. Who are the stupid one here?

"Remove guns from the street that could be used in crimes"

Yeeaahhh, right! We see a lot of old long guns in street crimes in America, maybe it's different in Oakland?

Riiiigght....

Punishing and policing the masses against good sense and logic, while the people perpetrating the actual crimes snicker knowing less and less law abiding citizens have guns to protect themselves from attack and robbery. What a joke.

NONE of these heinous shooting sprees are committed by lawful gun owners, none of them.

There's only one problem with this scenario: in all likelihood, it's the law-abiding citizens returning guns. The criminals are not about to surrender theirs. All reports from the scene quote people who were highly unlikely to use their firearms for criminal activity in the first place.

Why would you give your gun to the gubermint. Why not just hand in your voter registration card too and let them decide who should hold office. Maybe you can just assign over some other rights too. The gubermint will take care of everything. Reminds me of this video from a while back:

Tim Hawkins - The Government Can - YouTube

Are you saying that a crappy Lorcin, Raven or Jimenez pistol (considering you can buy them for $50) collecting dust and mold in my vault is better than a couple hundred bucks in my hand?

The link's picture reminds me of a 'stockpile' picture I did back in 2010, ended up with a few scratched receivers.

a 016.jpg

a 016.jpg

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews