Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Looks like Colorado is going to pass high cap mag limits

Discussion in 'Legal & Political Archive' started by Kable, Mar 8, 2013.

1. Kable

Kable Lynnwood Active Member

Unless I'm mistaken all that's left now is for the governor to sign the bill which he said he would. I say we all spam his Facebook email him and send physical letters. Our brothers in Colorado deserve a last ditch hail Mary attempt to block this plus if it does pass many other states could follow suit

Democrats push gun measure in Colo, give up others - Yahoo! News

2. SonicBlue03

SonicBlue03 Snohomish Well-Known Member

Why write to him? Let him sign it, and let Magpul relocate and move out of Colorado. That it got this far means Colorado doesn't deserve a quality manufacturer like Magpul within their borders.

3. drew

drew OR Well-Known Member

Only looking at the article, it doesn't look like the bills have passed the senate. It sounds like they're out of committee and will be have a vote.

4. Kable

Kable Lynnwood Active Member

5. rusobr2

rusobr2 prineville,or Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

i talked to my son tonight, and he made comment that he figures the mag bill is not the heavy issue...or at least some of it
    the right to carry on campus, seams to be the big deal (he's in N. Ft. Collins), and 98% of the area is campus, or like he says (it feels that way)
    most people are upset cuz a few months back, they just passed laws pertaining to conceal carry in cars, as this is now listed as personal prop., like M/Homes
    also, why does Magpul have to pull up stakes..........even with all the laws CA. has, they can still produce items to sell out of state, or is Magpul just trying to make a statement ?

steven

6. carracer

carracer Nampa, Idaho Active Member

Statements are good! Especially when the come from respected figures!

7. Kevatc

Kevatc Oregon Well-Known Member

As I understand it the Colorado senate, house, and governor are all Dems. The outcome is academic. I hope Magpul follows through with their position to move elsewhere. I am bummed because when I go back to visit family in southern Wyoming I love to go visit a great outdoor and shooting place called Jax in Ft. Collins, CO. Why would I want to spend money in that state now?

8. MilitantBEEMER

MilitantBEEMER Eugene Silver Supporter Silver Supporter

We were considering moving back to Colorado, Fort Collins to be exact, but wife and I both agree if they pass these laws you can forgetaboutit!

Angie and (deleted member) like this.
  9. rusobr2

rusobr2 prineville,or Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

i just hung up the phone w/my son, and he made comment about a ton of issues that were introduced today, that may put a big kabosh on a lot of different bills......but once again it seams like the woman who (no! i'm not against woman) are the big supporters of most all of this are not totally understanding what passing some of these bills means.......there receiving small screen view, that needs to be set up for big screen (panoramic view) ! some are just starting to see some of the impact this is going to create

steven

10. SonicBlue03

SonicBlue03 Snohomish Well-Known Member

Magpul could've stayed and not said anything. Instead when they saw that there may be a restriction of selling their product in the state they manufacture, but not necessarily a bad anywhere else they took a stand. They said, "if our product isn't allowed to be in the hands of our state citizens, we would look bad selling to others and not our own. So if you do this, we're gone."

Other companies have put profit over principle in this matter. Magpul went out and made that statement - appropriately, IMO. Ronnie doesn't sell his M82s/M107s to state governments that restrict the sales of his rifles to civilians. Others are doing the same. The best kind of protest in this country is the economic protest, followed by the embargo of goods.

That said, once you say something like that you have to stick to your guns. Otherwise you lose credibility.