JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Prayers for those close to him for sure.

RIP.

This is happening too often.

A poem I've posted before:

Somebody killed a policeman today, and a piece of America died.
A piece of our country he swore to protect will be buried with him at his side.
The beat that he walked was a battlefield too, just as if he had gone of to war.
Though the flag of our country won't fly at half mast to his name they will add a gold star.
The suspect who shot him will stand up in court with cousel demanding his rights, while a young widowed mother must work for her kids and spend many long lonely nights.
Yes, somebody killed a policeman today, maybe in your town or mine, while we slept in comfort behind our locked doors, a cop put his life on the line.
Now his ghost walks the beat on a dark city street, and stands at each rookies side.
He answered the call, of himself he gave all, and a part of America died.

Agreed, I saw all the PC Deputy's 4-belling in route at about 5:45pm last night as I was on my way home. Seems some in our society have lost the understanding of the sanctity of life. Heartbreaking indeed.

Agreed, I saw all the PC Deputy's 4-belling in route at about 5:45pm last night as I was on my way home. Seems some in our society have lost the understanding of the sanctity of life. Heartbreaking indeed.

Yes. This started out as a routine domestic, as routine as those can be. Some other stuff that happen'd when it went south was a prime example of some of the problems we have allowed here. I doubt very much the media will ever tell the truth about how it all went down for just this reason. Damn guy had 17 years in. So sad.

Yeah my step brother has a year or so left before retiring from Portland PD. I think about him often. Were not real close But He's still family and an amazing person.

I hope he can retire and live a long boring life.

Chalk one up for the sniper's of Law Enforcement. Over the course of two days of reporting this sad story. I have heard just one single news report stating that a sniper took the perp out. ALL of the other news reports were very careful to say that a shot from outside the house and not even saying the word sniper. At about 2:00am the guy stood up in front of a upstairs bedroom window and gave the sniper a clear shot. The sniper then through the switch and it was lights out. There were 2 children in the house he was using as a shield. I think that the fact he killed an officer and the 2 kids in the house gave LE the green light to take him out. It all started over a domestic violence call. The officers were climbing a set of stairs when the guy stepped out of a bedroom shooting. Officer Jake Gutierrez stepped between the shooter and his partner and took 5 rounds. His partner retreated out of the house and a SWAT team had to go in and extricate the fallen officer out of the house. Then it turned into a 12 hour stand off. By the time the sniper had taken out the perp. The officer had passed. The officer was a 17 year vet of the Tacoma Police Department. R.I.P. "Jake".

This happened right up the street from where I grew up. It is sad that this crap goes on in this country. We hear way too many excuses on how or why a person gets to this point.
I do like what the black lady who owns the house said about all lives matter.
James

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads