Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Looks into Vepr rifles

Discussion in 'Rifle Discussion' started by Mouse45, Jan 19, 2012.

1. Mouse45

Mouse45 Salisbury New Member

Hello again.
    So I decdied against getting a new AR. And have gone back to somthung that I want for some time, a Vepr. The prices have droped and Atlantic firearms has them in stock, I checked. I like ordered from there due to good coustomer service ecperance. Anyway, there are now so many models. I thought that I wanted the Drag style rifle in 7.62x54r. Due to the long range of that round. But now I see that there is a new Vepre model out in feburary that looks like a convention AK but has a crazy heavy barrel. Here is some pictures. Tell me what you think, and if you have a Vepr for the love of god post some pictures!:laugh:

Vepr Dragunov Style Rifle 762 x 54R Russian

2. civilian75

civilian75 Hillsboro, OR Well-Known Member

I seems you just took up a new project. You will have to buy one and post a range report within the next 1-2 months. Are you up to it? :p

This rifle begs for decent optics. Ask them what scope rails the know will have perfect vertical alignment. I don't about the PSL but the Romak is off centered.

Ooo! I really like that Ruski red wood furniture

3. trainsktg

trainsktg Portland OR Well-Known Member

The VEPR is apparently built better and stouter than the Izhmash rifles. I haven't read any complaints from actual owners.

Keith

4. CleverName

CleverName Southern Oregon Active Member

Some of those Veprs are priced very reasonably too! I wonder how available the .308 mags are.