JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I hate to break it to you but it's a pistol round. It's not even a quarter horse. Pistol rounds inherently suck. So anything you can do to make them more capable is a good thing. I have no idea, however, if this ammo works. The market is full of gimmicky rounds. I'll stick with my Federal HST's until a) someone has conclusive proof that it works and b) a law enforcement agency or two adopts it. YMMV

The latest and greatest is just fine...capitalism at its best. however, unsexy as it may sound, placement is paramount, and practice makes that more likely. I'd much rather be proficient enough to place a cast swc to a vital area than depend on spray and pray with exotic ammo.

Or you can just turbocharge the original:D
IMG_0040_zpsazkagcws.jpg

Both my brother and I are really impressed with our K2 .45s. I get to his place to go shooting and he has a new rig for his with a 3 mag carrier. At 53 rounds he is ready for bear on his job. He happily turned in his issue Taurus .38.

Brutus Out

I subscribe to the group of people who carry what their local LEOs carry. The reason being if you have to shoot someone and end up in front of a jury, the last thing you want is the DA showing them of box of your "shoot them dead" ammo. Or in the case of your post you shot and or killed someone because you felt it was your civic duty to kill all bad guys.

It's all in the justification...I can say I carried a specific type of bullet/caliber/gun to limit the risk of injuring others by having to shoot more than once.

Even with overzealous District Attorney's, I'd be more afraid of shooting someone with a decked out, custom grip pistol with skulls laser etched into the frame than I would the type of bullet I used. If it's effective, it's effective!

I hate limiting my self to what Law Enforcement has to carry! Why would you choose to follow this line of thought, these depts. choose the cheapest stuff they can find to do the job, why would you? I like the Remington Golden Saber for all my carry needs! Hit um hard, make a great big hole, and put them down but good!!! 230 gr. of goodness is hard to argue with!

I hate limiting my self to what Law Enforcement has to carry! Why would you choose to follow this line of thought, these depts. choose the cheapest stuff they can find to do the job, why would you? I like the Remington Golden Saber for all my carry needs! Hit um hard, make a great big hole, and put them down but good!!! 230 gr. of goodness is hard to argue with!
I like those Remington's too.
And @trigger-happy, yes, the Defenders are quite different than the Penetrators.

I went through quite a bit of pistol ammo testing and found that the Rem's seem to work the best all round! Great penetration, great expansion, and not a lot of over penetration when compared to most others! THE one exception would be in 10 mm, this bullet really smokes even in a factory load so care must be taken if used as a defense load in public or home use! IT will Crush through walls and it will over penetrate human size tango's and be quite deadly down range! It expands explosively in Ballistic jell and keeps on truckin clean through!

Also, if you do not use a full size duty firearm, the duty/leo ammo might not perform in your compact, sub-compact, pocket pistol like you think it will.

One of the reasons I used to carry Federal HydorShok's in my Compact .45, is they were designed specifically to perform in a shorty at low speed. Problem was, I was stuck with a 165 gr bullet at 870 fps! It would penetrate to about 13 in and expansion was adequate! Remington does make a load for short barrels, but it follows the Fed. thinking, using a light bullet to get the speed up. Not so good in hindsight. I worked up handloads using a 230 gr at 920 fps and I am very happy. Down side is significant recoil and big flash, but the penetration is 18+ inches!

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top