JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I was more aware of the gun TBH, the feeder and shells are news to me tho. He's always trying to squeeze one more into his maverick 88.
The adapter should fit it. It's about $15. The mini shells are available in #7 1/2 birdshot, Buckshot (a combination of #4 and #1) and 5/8 oz. slugs. Eight of them will fit in the 590 Shockwave, which holds 5 of the standard 2 3/4" shells.

Last Edited:
when i lived down in the sierras i ran across a few rattlers every month during the summer. i either used my old high standard sentinel .22 and shot em in the head or if it was a place i wasn't comfortable shooting i would take the flat nosed shovel off my front bumper and cut the head off that way. I honestly have no idea how many i killed, it was a lot. Birdshot will work fine my neighbor used that but i just used regular winchester super-x.

The adapter should fit it. It's about $15. The mini shells are available in #7 1/2 birdshot, Buckshot (a combination of #4 and #1) and 5.8 oz. slugs. Eight of them will fit in the 590 Shockwave, which holds 5 of the standard 2 3/4" shells.
I'll have to buy two the way you keep sweetening the deal. Are you an investor?

Chances are I'll just carry a 45, maybe load a couple snake shot for the first few and never shoot a snake. Probably a sig P220 or something like that until I get a Judge for all it's giggles.
But better have and not need, then need and not have.

Thanks guys

I'll have to buy two the way you keep sweetening the deal. Are you an investor?
LOL, no, just a fan. That Shockwave looks so totally badass it has to be illegal but it's not even an NFA item. And it's easier to shoot than you'd think, especially with lighter loads. Once you get up past #4 turkey loads it gets to be a handful, but if I ever need more than two full pop slugs in a row I'm probably in over my head anyway. :D

Yeah, it's funny how they're making that sawed off style grip. It's like a last from the past. I'm a fan of stocks on shotguns, but I know this would be fun to shoot. Definitely a coach gun of sorts. That combo would probably be more useful on hoards of the undead than it would snakes tho. LoL

Yeah, it's funny how they're making that sawed off style grip. It's like a last from the past. I'm a fan of stocks on shotguns, but I know this would be fun to shoot. Definitely a coach gun of sorts. That combo would probably be more useful on hoards of the undead than it would snakes tho. LoL
Heeeere snakey snakey snakey. :)

Just saw an updated model of that shotgun in a G & A mag. The 590A1 has a pistol grip instead of that 'paddle' style grip and a 7" bbl. Holds 3+1. Is a $5 NFA weapon

Just saw an updated model of that shotgun in a G & A mag. The 590A1 has a pistol grip instead of that 'paddle' style grip and a 7" bbl. Holds 3+1. Is a $5 NFA weapon
That grip on the Shockwave is a bit longer than a typical pistol grip. That's probably one of the reasons they include a note in the box that says that altering the gun in any way may make it illegal. A typical pistol grip will reduce the overall length to below 26", making it an AOW. And of course adding a stock would make it an SBS.

I learned about rattle snakes running cows up around Dufur back in the 70's. I was about 17 or so, had a great buckskin Quarter horse, and we would go up and bring some of the cattle down from the range timber to castrate, vaccinate and brand over 4th of July.

Now this involved riding horses, or flying an airplane and just being a cowboy for a few days, which I dearly loved. Of course there was good food, girls and the parents were fairly loose about our beer consumption. I digress..those are some fond memories.

I was riding down a side hill and came into a draw or waddi, and stopped and heard about a dozen rattlers around me. The horse was pretty calm, the old man had me load my .357 pistol with the first 4 rounds of bird shot and 2 solids. I had shot off the horse many times, so I blasted a path and left dead rattlesnake all over. I told one of the guys and he made me ride back up there with him so he could bbq the damn things.

I was at my property in Central Oregon back in April, and opened the cover on my new found water meter. It had some insulation around it, I took a stick and moved it around figuring might be a good hibernating spot. The neighbors said there may be some in the rim rock at the top of the property, but mostly in the Deschutes and Crooked River canyons by the rivers.

Not a snake fan, if they stay away from me we are good. I still have that .357 S&W pistol, upgraded a bit. Never getting rid of it.

I think it's more raw fear.
Fear of the Serpent.

I think that some people just plain loathe snakes. I put them in the same category as spiders, wasps, and yellow jackets. If I see any of those on my property, I immediately kill them, no questions asked.

And I realize, for example, that not all spiders and snakes are harmful. Still, though, I do not like them, so I kill them all, without discriminating.

When it comes to wasps and yellow jackets, though, those are truly evil creatures. At one point they infested my property, and twice stung me badly, the second time less than an inch from my left eye. It is crucial to find their nests, and poison them while they are dormant at night. Fortunately, it appears that my long war on them has now achieved total victory. This is the first year that I have not seen a single one. It seems that I finally managed to annihilate them locally.

Mice and rats should also always be killed, for the very good reason that they can spread disease.

For wasps and yellow jackets, I highly recommend Spectricide's Wasp and Hornet Killer. It is extremely toxic, though, so be very careful in using it. You don't want to get any on you, much less breathe any in.

It has a great long range spray, and is so very poisonous, that you can actually hit them while flying in the air, and they then instantly drop to the ground, and die in about 3 seconds. It is more fun than shooting clay pigeons.

074514576221.jpg

I love that stuff too. Buy it by the case at hd when they have it on sale for like 3$ a 2 pack. My cabin up the Snake gets infested with em.
As for rattlers if I see em anywhere I might take my dog, their rattlers end up in the collection. My 7 1/2" blackhawk 45 with home rolled 8 1/2's is the last thing they see;).

I think that some people just plain loathe snakes. I put them in the same category as spiders, wasps, and yellow jackets. If I see any of those on my property, I immediately kill them, no questions asked.
You would be a nervous wreck in our camp.
A particular plastic snake is a lot of fun.
Funny thing is that it's blue...doesn't look real to me, but it gets some excellent "launches".
Someday I'm gonna get punched in the mouth.

:D

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top