JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I started reloading 2 years ago thinking I would buy a setup from cabelas and be reloading within a few hours I was wrong most kits get you about halfway in the door. To steup using new gear getting setup for 1 caliber is about $500 (single stage) and an average of about another $100 for each additional cartridge (powder,primers,bullets,brass,dies,bushings,shellholders,etc.) I had researched it a little and decided that I'm young (19 at the time) and over the years ammo is'nt going to get any cheaper I'm making a good investment which it was. I can reload custom ammo for may 7mm mag that would cost $60 for $10 or under and to make it even cheaper I usually only buy bulk on sale. It will take a little while to cover your setup cost but it's like a labor of love you are'nt doing it so much as just saving money but custom tailoring rounds to your personal needs and pride in accuracy. If you take all these into account and decide it's still for you go for it.

I started reloading 2 years ago thinking I would buy a setup from cabelas and be reloading within a few hours I was wrong most kits get you about halfway in the door. To steup using new gear getting setup for 1 caliber is about $500 (single stage) and an average of about another $100 for each additional cartridge (powder,primers,bullets,brass,dies,bushings,shellholders,etc.) I had researched it a little and decided that I'm young (19 at the time) and over the years ammo is'nt going to get any cheaper I'm making a good investment which it was. I can reload custom ammo for may 7mm mag that would cost $60 for $10 or under and to make it even cheaper I usually only buy bulk on sale. It will take a little while to cover your setup cost but it's like a labor of love you are'nt doing it so much as just saving money but custom tailoring rounds to your personal needs and pride in accuracy. If you take all these into account and decide it's still for you go for it.

AND, you'll always be able to have affordable ammo when there's a shortage. Just be sure to have components on hand. Stock up during "Non Election Years":):)

I'm not going to have to watch you two fricken KISS now am I? ICK.....

To the OP.......Really, REALLY good people here. As I was told this morning by a long time member, there's soo much to learn and know about this habit/hobby that ALL opinions are valuable! No matter how much you know, you will always be able find someone who knows more!

I started a couple of months ago, with a new RCBS Rock Chucker Supreme Master Reloading Kit. You can get one for $250.00 if you take some time and look around. Every thing else I got used except two die sets. This board is a gold mine for bullets, dies and brass.

I was told in the beginning, and found it to be true, you will not save money by doing your own reloading, reloading will only allow you to shoot more!

Mike

I'm not going to have to watch you two fricken KISS now am I? ICK.....

About as much chance of that happening as you finding a Unicorn grazing on your front lawn unicorn-emoticon.gif

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top