JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Greetings,

Decided to continue down the 2A checklist and looking to check mark down the .50 BMG box. However I am concerned that there are very limited, if any, areas to shoot such a round. Does anyone have insight on where in Oregon can we shoot 50 BMG or if there are any ranges that have safety measures to support the caliber?

Hate to buy a rifle and not be able to use it.

Thanks!

West of the Cascades?

Not really - not that I know of. IIRC Douglas Ridge used to allow it, but suspended .50 BMG while they studied the issues and never resumed. Their longest range is 600 yards?

Outside of an official range, you might be able to find someplace in the mountains, but I doubt it. East of the Cascades there are probably place where you could shoot at a long distance safely.

A coworker bought a bunch of property next to BLM in southern Oregon for about $1000 acre. There's no water and you can't put a permanent structure on it but I guess it met his need for a bugout location and shooting. Sounds tempting sometimes.

Take Gooseneck rd to the top, all BLM land. Its in the mountains so it'll be tough hauling targets around but if your determined it can work. I've done some longer range shooting out their. Put a few steel targets in a ruck sack and rucked them down a few hundred meters then walked back. Its kinda steep but can be done.

Thanks for the info, I'm sure there are more hidden gems to be found. The 50 cal is a tough mouth to feed, but it seems a bit of commuting needs to be done on top of it, at least over in this location.

Bring it over to yUK - we have half a dozen venues out to 4000m where you can shoot your .50cal baby. ;)

Home

SENNYBRIDGE F RANGE (plus others), POWYS
Gallery range and Field Firing Area with plenty of ETR. Out to 4000m, max calibre on gallery range 50BMG. Many FCSA 50cal events a year on F range, once per month.

sennybridge.jpg

WARCOP RANGES, C8, C10, H12 - CUMBRIA
Field Firing area, out to 3000 metres, many hard targets to establish initial zero (assuming safety template authorised for hard targets). FCSA booking for Charlie High C10 or C8 ranges average once per month.

warcop.gif

LYDD RANGE (serial 45) - cleared for all calibres up-to and including 50BMG

Lydd1.jpg

Lydd2.jpg

WARMINSTER IR2 (OFFAS DYKE BOOKINGS)
900M gallery range, 338 maximum calibre

warminsterir2.jpg

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA