JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
My advice to the OP if they are trying for the quietest 300blk is to get a bolt action. There is a LOT of noise coming from the gas tube as the bolt moves rearward upon firing. As well as a nice puff to the face every time it fires. I've got a 8.5" Aero AR pistol if anyone wants to try it out suppressed. I was so disappointed that I picked up a Ruger American Ranch that accepts AR mags. Haven't put the suppressor on the AR since I got that bolt gun.

I dunno. I have an SBR .300 AR with a muzzle can, an integral Leonidas AR and a .300 RARR bolt gun. I shot the Leo just last week. I don't think gas in face is a problem in my .300 ARs. It certainly is in my .223 AR with muzzle can. I probably did the RTV trick on the charging handles but don't recall NEEDING to do that.

I dunno. I have an SBR .300 AR with a muzzle can, an integral Leonidas AR and a .300 RARR bolt gun. I shot the Leo just last week. I don't think gas in face is a problem in my .300 ARs. It certainly is in my .223 AR with muzzle can. I probably did the RTV trick on the charging handles but don't recall NEEDING to do that.
Good on your experience. I've had this suppression on several different AR's in rifle and pistol configuration. ALL will give gas to the face, some more uncomfortably than others. Suppressing an AR is what got me into the suppressor game. The results from every combo and barrel length have definitely contributed to my bolt action collection growing. Yes, you can suppress an AR, but it is not an ideal platform if you want quiet and or comfortable shooting. You NEED eye protection when shooting an AR with a can attached. These are not my opinions, just based on actual experiences. I have not tried every combo but have tried enough to know that I have given up on that platform.

Good on your experience. I've had this suppression on several different AR's in rifle and pistol configuration. ALL will give gas to the face, some more uncomfortably than others. Suppressing an AR is what got me into the suppressor game. The results from every combo and barrel length have definitely contributed to my bolt action collection growing. Yes, you can suppress an AR, but it is not an ideal platform if you want quiet and or comfortable shooting. You NEED eye protection when shooting an AR with a can attached. These are not my opinions, just based on actual experiences. I have not tried every combo but have tried enough to know that I have given up on that platform.
Curious to know if you have tried out a piston AR and experienced the same issue with gas in the face.

Have not tried it on a piston gun of any type yet. If anyone has a piston type with 5/8-24 threads and want to experiment I'd be willing.
My piston AR's are setup with plan B and Keymo mounts but you would be welcome to run them with my cans (Deadair Sandman, YHM T2 and T2k) or if your can has a 1.375x24 backend I can provide a Plan B adapter. I find the typical gas to the face you experience with a DI AR to be significantly less on a piston AR. I will be trying out the new SilencerCo charging handle once I can get my hands on one to try and eliminate that last little bit.

I run a suppressor on a 11.5 SBR. Shooting a right handed gun, as a left handed shooter and the gas doesn't bother me. Using a higher red dot mount helps by elevating my point of view above the bore in effect moving my head further from the ejection port.

My piston AR's are setup with plan B and Keymo mounts but you would be welcome to run them with my cans (Deadair Sandman, YHM T2 and T2k) or if your can has a 1.375x24 backend I can provide a Plan B adapter. I find the typical gas to the face you experience with a DI AR to be significantly less on a piston AR. I will be trying out the new SilencerCo charging handle once I can get my hands on one to try and eliminate that last little bit.
I really appreciate your offer but I wasn't trying to ask to try a piston gun (I'm sure it'd start an expensive new interest 😁). I was merely sharing actual experiences with a standard DI AR15. I'm completely satisfied with my choice to convert to a bolt gun for 300blk. As noisy as that round is in a DI platform I'd rather just use heating protection and use full power rounds, not enough of a difference in sound (to the shooter) to make me swap everything over.

@ilyadrag When you're ready to shop for a 300BO AR silencer spend the extra coin and get a can that's versatile for several calibers. Who wants a one trick pony? I'll give you one example from SilencerCo, skip buying the Omega 9K and get the Omega 45K. One of the best set ups I have now using top shelf subsonic ammo is my Noveske SBR PDW with an Omega 9K silencer. It's mind blowing quiet, not Hollywood special effects quiet but quiet enough that I can safely refrain from ear pro use. Also be prepared to chunk down $600 to $1000 + $200 for a tax stamp for the can then also know it will be sitting in your dealers safe for up to 9 or more months. Not sure if this new Form 4 e-file venture is going to pan out or even expedite your ATF/NFA approval process. So just prep your mind now that instant gratification will never be the case when you purchase a new can. I currently have the Q Trash Panda in gun shop jail. That's going to run on my Remington 700 chambered in 300BO I'm about 4.5 months in on that one so I expect I'll have it in my hands around June. That will bring my tax stamp collection total to 4. If you have an Instagram account private msg. me your handle here on the forum and I'll send you a 7 second clip of my 300BO SBR and Omega 9K. Happy shopping!

Status

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top