JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have both and I like both. They are both reliable and, for me, have had the same accuracy through all ranges of ammunition. Do you want a removeable magazine or a tube fed gun? If you're going to modify it down the road, get a Ruger10/22. I will say my Marlin feels sturdier in my hands than my Ruger. That may be due to a wood stock on the Marlin and a composite stock on the Ruger. In my searches, Ruger tends to hold their value a bit more than the Marlin.

I've never shot the Marlin, but I have shot the 10/22, Winchester 94 in .22, and a GSG-5. I still own the Winchester and added a 10/22. I can't say enough about the 10/22, but everyone else has summed it up fairly well. It was more fun than the GSG (imo), and more practical than the Winchester. I'll never get rid of the Winchester, but for plinking, there's something to be said about popping in a couple mags and chewing through them instead of emptying a tube and reloading.

I handed the 10/22 to my neighbor's 9 year old and he went zombie killer with about 10 minutes practice, consistently hitting a water cooler jug at 75m at a sustained rate of fire. To me, that was a testament to the gun.

Picked up a 10/22 on Friday as well, but from a local pawn shop instead of bi-mart.

I much rather have an older version w/ a metal trigger guard plus I couldn't find a mark on that thing. Also came with a Bushnell scope so I don't have to worry about mounting optics on it. Best part about the entire thing was it was 20% off so my OTD price was $161.

Used the savings to head over to bi-mart and pick up some cheap butler creek mags, plastic feed lips or not I'll go with $10 every time over a $30 bx-25 or TI one.

Thanks everyone for the replies. I was at the Bi mart on 122nd and Halsey and they sold their last one this evening and said they sold almost 40 this weekend. They were also out of the 556 Federal for $140. :(

Last Edited:
I've got multiple copies of both and like 'em both. The 10/22 is best if you intend to modify it, but I like shooting my 70PSS and 795 too.
What the heck - they're cheap - buy both and tell us what you think.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top