Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Looking to purchase a m1919 browning?

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by FireArm, Oct 3, 2012.

1. FireArm

FireArm Beavercreek 97004 Well-Known Member 2015 Volunteer

Looking to purchase a m1919 browning? I have looked around with little luck, Any one know of a shop in Oregon that carries m1919 in Oregon? Allied Armament used to make them but they dont seem to be in business any longer.

2. TonsOfOregonBrass

TonsOfOregonBrass Sandy, OR Active Member

Check with TNW in vernonia.

3. DoubleTapDrew

DoubleTapDrew Oregon Well-Known Member

Semi or full auto?
    TNW seems to make some nice ones. If you want full auto you'll probably need to expand your seach. Uzi Finder this is a useful crawler for full autos. Kind of like google for title 2 firearms.

4. FireArm

Looking for a Semi-auto w/ crank-fire and Tri-pod.
    TNW seems to have what I am looking for but no price list, I sent them an email. My neighbors are going to hate me :)

5. iamme

iamme Lane County Well-Known Member

Get ahold of Halo Mfg, I believe he's still the guy making the side plates for the others ;)
    http://www.halomfg.com/Results.cfm?category=8

ETA: His site is fairly old/outdated. Call him for most current info, just be prepared to BS for awhile.

6. FireArm

Tnw are no longer producing 1919's, that sucks. I was hoping to just drive and pick one up. The gunbroker website doesn't even have any for a reasonable price.

7. hoody

hoody Tigard/Beaverton area Active Member

8. iamme

iamme Lane County Well-Known Member

Did you try halo ?

9. FireArm

Halo makes 1919 parts I didnt see anything about whole ones, nor did I call.

But Tactical ammunition does carry them and they are in stock, I placed my order just now and will call in the morning to see when I can pick it up!! Oh man I dont think I will be able to sleep.

Now I gotta get linked .308 ammo, and sportsman guide is out. Anybody know where I can get some of it?

And I will need a crank-fire unit, and tripod. thanks guys for all the info. I went into Clackamas Gunbroker today and asked for a m1919 and they looked clueless, and said they didnt know where to get them and if they could said they would be very expensive. But for $2250 it seems like a great deal, even though a year ago they were cheaper.

10. hoody

TNW FAQ says their 1919 fires 30-06, 308 or AK?! Can anyone explain?

11. hoody

12. bmgm37

bmgm37 Coos Bay Active Member

That FAQ is just saying the gun is capable of shooting those calibers. You would need different barrels, feed adapter and misc parts to shoot the different calibers

13. bmgm37

bmgm37 Coos Bay Active Member

I don't think I have ever seen .308 on Browning links. All the .308 I have seen on the market is on m60 links. You can use any .308 ammo but you will need Browning 7.62 links which are usually Israel surplus. They are not impossible to link by hand, but not fun so you might look for a linker. You should be able to get links from T.A. I would think, if not here are some.

Browning Links

14. hoody

Yeah, I'm dense today. Thanks