JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
RCBS? 42 years and counting...

You load a bunch of old long gun rounds. Are any of those particularly difficult to size? Causing more stress on the press? All I've loaded long gun is 6.5 X 55 and .30-06. I feel the press gets worked harder doing 9mm.

So the RCBS Rockchucker Supreme from what I gather will accommodate both the short case pistol 9mm, .45acp, etc., as well as rifle cartridges like the 6.5 cm, .308, 30-06 etc..

From your experience let me know if I got that right.

So the RCBS Rockchucker Supreme from what I gather will accommodate both the short case pistol 9mm, .45acp, etc., as well as rifle cartridges like the 6.5 cm, .308, 30-06 etc..

From your experience let me know if I got that right.

.30-06 and 6.5 Swede is the tallest I've had in it. I haven't been much of a long gun loader until the last 3 months, so I'm not sure what common rounds would be longer?

Because I got that RCBS kit from BiMart, only kit they carried, I'm going to say "I like RCBS"! ...

My first kit was an RCBS kit too, but with a press smaller than the rockchucker, because that is what the store sold when I bought it. I have a lot of RCBS stuff now but it's simply because having some RCBS stuff and it all working fine, it seemed reasonable to just keep going with it. Like you though, I doubt it matters much what brand a person buys (at least for single stage presses) because they are very simple tools. Lots of people make great ammo on every brand of press out there. Might as well choose based on what color you like better or matches the decor of your garage/shop/shed better.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top