JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
An AK counts as 16 foreign parts only if there is a muzzle device on a threaded barrel. If it doesn't have that, like an SAR-1, WASR-10, etc, then the parts count drops to 15 .

Most folks just swap the trigger group (3 parts), and the furniture (3 parts if butt, PG and handguards are all swapped) and are good to go with any magazine or muzzle device. Ironwood makes furniture to fit a slant receiver AK.

Keith

+1 on the Norinco MAK-90. No expertise here, I bought one, shot cases of rounds through it with about 3 fail to feeds, and sold it! I'm mighty sorry about it too!
This thread has been fascinating, I love to read the writings of people who know their field of expertise. Nice job everyone!

I'm going to have about 800 bucks in January for a new gun and I've always liked m16's but ak's or fal's are starting to look alot better not saying anything bad about m16 but ak's are cheaper and more reliable. Just wanna know I can get a good quality ak47

Ive got a Norinco NHM 91, long barrel (RPK lookalike), it is a great rifle. Its accurate as hell (for what it is), has never jammed once after couple thousand rounds, but is heavier than sh**.
Im kind of a noob myself, but straight up, when the zombies come....and there are no stores to repair your AR, that AK will still run! ( AR still badass, no knockin here). You can find AKs still for 3-5 hun, just have wallet ready, that always seems to be the story with AK's ! Happy hunting..

1371838679287.jpg

Chinese AK's- Polytech is my alp time favorite (IMHO better finish on the metal over Norinco), but spendy units though. $1,500+

I'm running Romanian AK's at the moment, two WASR's and two DRACO's (one SBR'd) and they are all decently finished, and shoot quite well. Be advised, although generally the most affordable of all the AK's the QC is "touch and go" with Romanian kit, and you really need to know what you are looking at to avoid getting a hooptie that will cost more to get it up to speed than the original cost of the rifle. $450-$850

Yugoslavian AK's are unique from most others... study them and you'll see.the diferences. $700-$1,200

Polish & East German... I would go Polish first. $800-$1,200

Russian AK's- kick donkey, $1,400-$1,800+

You have "AK's" which have a milled receiver, and you have "AKM's" which have a stamped steel receiver. The former is heavier and more expensive, the latter is lighter and cost less.

There is tons and tons of info on the various makes. Read, Read, READ.

Your sig line says it all! Well put my friend. Registration=thumbs down..(my OPINION)
Good stuff.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads