JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I've been hitting the links on the active posts section and didn't even notice this. I saw the word Garand and CMP and it was like saying "squirrel" to a dog. :)

Speaking of "bolt action " there are at times a lot of nice 1903 and 1903-A3 rifles in the classified ads on the CMP forum. Those are a must for anyone who like US military rifles. Everyone should have at least one in their collection.

Alright guys, I'm finally a garand owner. On top of that, wolfcreed has been very awesome to me and was nice enough to sell me some of his ammo. Sharing is caring :cool:. Anyhow I'll get some pics up soon. The owner said it took him over 6 months to get it from the CMP. It is a Springfield service grade with an lmr barrel and has a CMP stock on it.

Alright guys, I'm finally a garand owner. On top of that, wolfcreed has been very awesome to me and was nice enough to sell me some of his ammo. Sharing is caring :cool:. Anyhow I'll get some pics up soon. The owner said it took him over 6 months to get it from the CMP. It is a Springfield service grade with an lmr barrel and has a CMP stock on it.
I've found wolfcreed to be a very generous guy as well ;)!!

I'm pretty beat but here are a few for now before I take it apart and get to know it a little better .

20170116_193818.jpg 20170116_193030.jpg 20170116_193740.jpg

Small chance of it but...
If anyone has a M1 with the serial #5306473
I'll send you a copy of my dad's weapons card.
He had this M1 when he was with 3rd MTB 32nd Armor.
( the same unit Elvis Presley was in )
Neat little piece of history to go with your rifle....

To the OP congrats! You have a good looking rifle. Enjoy!
Andy

Last Edited:
Small chance of it but...
If anyone has a M1 with the serial #5306473
I'll send you a copy of my dad's weapons card.
He had this M1 when he was with 3rd MTB 32nd Armor.
( the same unit Elvis Presley was in )
Neat little piece of history to go with your rifle....

To the OP congrats! You have a good looking rifle. Enjoy!
Andy

You should post this on the cmp forum or the Garand collector site. Very cool!

Should I use grease or oil to keep it fresh and lubed? Okay okay I'll stop being lazy and research :cool:.
CMP ships their rifles dry, they need to be properly lubed. The Garand runs on grease. No need to buy any so called high tech expensive gun grease. Any automotive grease is overkill for the Garand. Thin coat of oil on the exterior