JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Howdy folks,

I am considering getting an AR15 in .22. Many options to choose from:

1. M&P 15 Sport
2. Walther (Umarex) HK 416, MP5, MP5 SD, COLT M4, G36
3. Beretta ARX 160
4. Bushmaster Carbon 22

I am leaning towards the Bushmaster C22 because it has a real AR lower (with hold open) and can later accept any upper in 223/556. That option is cool. I like the weight too. Does anyone here have experience with any of them?

Thanks in advance.

Back when I was looking, the S&W M&P 15-22 was out and the Sig522. I went with the Sig because it was based on the Sig556.

This thing doesn't care what brand of 22LR that you put into it. So, there is something to be said of purpose built 22LR.

Doesn't really help you decide, but the S&W M&P 15-22 has been around a while so you know they've gotten the kinks out. As for having a lower that is interchangeable... for the cost and time, I'd rather not deal with that and just build a new stripped lower and then buy whatever upper to mate to it.

It really depends on what you want to do with it. Are you looking for light weight, tack driver at 100yds, speed steel rimfire challenge, plinking and how much you want to spend!
I run a standard ar upper and lower with cmmg bolt conversion, faxon industries pinned and weld pencil barrel, odin werks handguard, c-more 8mil dot optic for speed steel. This thing is great hands down the most reliable rifle at our matches. Great for the kids at 5lbs 5oz. My son is a lefty and he has one in south paw. There are 5 like this running at our club. I finally broke a firing pin at 8k rounds last weekend. Cmmg is making good on any parts that break however old they are. They are great to work with!

I wanted a .22lr rimfire that matched the weight and feel of my .458S, so I went with a DPMS
lower and and their Bull Barrel Upper. It's a tac driver. :)

If you don't care about AR compatibility and just want a light weight plinker,
buy a S&W 15/22. :D

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews