JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hello I have decided to get a 9mm edge for range use and competition "I know I would be scoring minor limited but ammo is cheaper" and was wondering if I should just go to keiths gun store and buy it or get the brazos high performance edge for 500 dollars more. Should I just use the 500 on magazines and a holster? I know STI can have reliability issues out of the box should I be worried?

I have two Brazos edges in .40 and they've been rock solid. I'd spring for the Brazos gun. Have a look on Enos to see what is being sold. You can find them for not much more than a new STI.

The key to a reliable 2011 is good magazines that feed. There are lots of videos on youtube that will show you how to keep the magazines in tune.

A 2011 shooting minor is a hoot. You won't win in USPSA but they are a lot of fun and great for 3-gun.

I have two Brazos edges in .40 and they've been rock solid. I'd spring for the Brazos gun. Have a look on Enos to see what is being sold. You can find them for not much more than a new STI.

The key to a reliable 2011 is good magazines that feed. There are lots of videos on youtube that will show you how to keep the magazines in tune.

A 2011 shooting minor is a hoot. You won't win in USPSA but they are a lot of fun and great for 3-gun.
so should I get the stock edge and brazos tuned mags with the 500 extra or just get the tuned edge and spend another 3-400 on mags?

The main thing is 200-2500 is a lot to spend on a gun and if I have to spend 4-500 more after that on mags and holsters that seems to stretch my wallet a little thin but if it is really that much better I can afford it.

If you want to shoot limited minor you will have a hard time being competitive. Major scoring is a huge advantage. I would save the 500 bucks and get mags. 4 well tuned mags will run over 500. If you still like it in a year, send it to atlas to have it fine tuned.

We don't shoot competition because it's inexpensive :D The gun and holster are the least of the costs of shooting competition.

You can go the less expensive route if you are ready to have a gun or magazines that may have issues. I'm not saying it will but it may. You'll need to debug the issues using your own research and the community. The alternative is to pay a little more and have a gunsmith that you can lean on.

I've done both and prefer to have a competent gunsmith to lean on. I know others that have gone the less expensive route and they've been happy as well as those that have been frustrated.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top