JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So as it says I am thinking of cerakoting my glock. Not sure if I want to do the whole thing or either the slide or frame. I carry it in a forest city tactical owb holster in flat dark earth(pic below). If I got the frame done, I would have just the bare frame, all the controls and pins would not get coated. If I do the slide, I would do the same and leave the barrel black along with change the sight at the same time.

I do not carry my glock everyday. I have a XD-s 9mm for that.

Let me say I am looking either magpul fde, austrian fde, burnt bronze, or something along those lines.

Picture 2.jpg

Last Edited:
What about the frame? Does anyone know how cerakote holds up on polymer frame while using a kydex holster? I am not worried about the slide with holster/carry wear, just the frame.

I personally think you should leave the frame as is. :D once it's painted, it's hard to go back to original.

here is some example:

2years of wear / edc carry
DSC_0008.jpg

Last Edited:
I cerakote in my shop and from what I've seen I would just do the slide. I've cerakoted other polymer rifle stocks and it holds up well but they're not rubbing against the hard plastic of a kydex holster.

Thanks guys. Guess if I really want a fde frame, just need to buy a chocolate Glock then(it is on my wish list now). Now I npjust need to think about the color for the slide lol.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I should be getting my G22 slide from Lone Wolf dist. back very soon. I got it cerakoted Coyote Tan. It's going on a black frame, but I'll take a pic of it next to a FDE frame and post it here for ya.

Can't you dye the polymer frame? I'm not sure if that would hold up better in the Kydex or not. There's a long thread on ar15.com about using Rit dye on poly magazines and parts.

Wait, I don't think you can dye it a lighter color. It only works if you're dying it darker. Hard to dye it darker than black I suppose.

Last Edited:
image.jpg Sur Tac in up here in Troutdale did mine on my M&P and my Noveske. Very well priced and fast. Gave them my guns on a Saturday and got them back the following Tuesday.
My M&P is my daily carry and I also use it for USPSA Production. So I do a lot of drawing. So far so good drawing out of a Raven.
I take my gun out of my carry holster daily to put it in a holster behind my headboard at night. So I'm constantly moving it back and forth. It's held up well.

The first picture above? Is that just painted or is it Cerakoted? I spoke to the owner of Sur-tac and he stated that cerakote holds up very well with polymer parts. The frame and slide on my P220 Scorpion (Cerekoted at the factory) don't show any wear at all after more than a year of being my EDC however they are alloy rather than poly. When I say they show no wear I mean it still looks brand new.

image.jpg Just got it in today, sorry it took so long! Glock FDE frame with Lone Wolf slide cerakoted with Lone Wolf Dist. coyote tan. They really match up well. Barrel is Coyote Tan also from LWD.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top