JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I posted this in the EDC neck knife thread. It is a Boker auto and I bought the neck sheath. Carry it outside the shirt and no conceal carry. Knife is razor sharp and has a very snappy action. Lock up is surprisingly very tight and after a month of playing with it, it still is tight.

5dd7909f-afe3-4870-aa14-0d91880583a8.jpg 6a3f72ae-a17d-4fe4-93f7-6eecbaee598b.jpg

Last Edited:
Personally, due to the laws in Oregon, I would not buy an auto knife where the blade looked anything like a "dagger" due to the - as much as I would like an OTF auto knife specifically with that kind of blade.

Therefore, the auto knife I would buy is the Gerber 06 auto. At ~$135 for the blade style I prefer (drop point with serration), it isn't inexpensive, but it also is not overly expensive (IMO) for what it is - a very stout and reliable auto knife that is military issue (to some units), I think it has good value. I have not bought any knives over $100 (the most expensive being a Fallkniven F1 for $95) - usually at around $50 or less, but I would buy a Gerber 06 auto instead of an auto knife with a "dagger" shaped blade and be less worried about carrying it on my person in Oregon. Bear in mind that a drop point knife is still quite able to be used as a stabbing knife if necessary and the Gerber 06 blade is much more durable than most spear point OTF auto knife blades.

My main reason for wanting an auto knife would not be self-defense, but rather if I were in a situation where one hand was occupied/disabled and I needed to quickly cut something - like a seat belt. That said, carrying it in my right hand pocket, I could probably only reach it with one hand - my right, and it would be a 50/50 chance that it would be my right hand that was still usable. I usually carry a much less expensive (less than $20) Gerber folding knife in a sheath - one with a stud on it to assist opening, and I can open it one handed, all be it slowly and not easily.

YMMV

U can legally buy an out the front double bladed infidel or similar at any sportsman's warehouse store in OR. They r not illegal. Carrying concealed would be illegal. Carrying in sheath on outside would be open carry just like carrying a gun in a holster.

Whether the pocket clip showing is enough to be considered "not concealed" or not, I've never been harassed or otherwise for carrying it. I think people are a little too hung up on the details here. Buy one and carry it, forget it's even there. Not being a dumbarse has its advantages. ;)

Whether the pocket clip showing is enough to be considered "not concealed" or not, I've never been harassed or otherwise for carrying it. I think people are a little too hung up on the details here. Buy one and carry it, forget it's even there. Not being a dumbarse has its advantages. ;)

It is just my luck that something would happen, I would be searched, the LEO would arrest me and I would get a prosecutor who would take me to court. By "just my luck" I am going by life experience.

Probability for most people is as you say - they most likely would not have a problem with it.

Me? I eventually would, and not because I am a trouble maker, but I just am that unlucky. So I try to avoid trouble by not giving other people a reason to make trouble for me - especially when it comes to government entities.

One of the things I like about knives with a pocket clip is that u can clip it onto the outside of ur pocket/waistband in less than 2 seconds if u wanted to. Clipped onto outside, 100% of knife is exposed.

I'm not sure if clipped inside pocket would actually be considered concealed or not. I know the top portion of knife, pocket clip, and glass breaker is exposed if clipped inside a pocket for ones like those shown above fwiw.

Last Edited:
It is just my luck that something would happen, I would be searched, the LEO would arrest me and I would get a prosecutor who would take me to court. By "just my luck" I am going by life experience.

Probability for most people is as you say - they most likely would not have a problem with it.

Me? I eventually would, and not because I am a trouble maker, but I just am that unlucky. So I try to avoid trouble by not giving other people a reason to make trouble for me - especially when it comes to government entities.

Fair enough. I am not suggesting anyone do anything illegal. BUT, I have been told that clipping it to my pants pocket is just fine by local LE and I have NEVER heard of anyone being prosecuted for such a thing. But do what you need to do to feel comfortable. :)

What do I know anyway? I just went to the post office to mail some business letters and didn't take my EDC off. Concealed is concealed, and I forgot. Oh well. :D

Pretty good video on a lot of automatic knives here. However most of these are the more expensive variety. The boker strike (about 27:00 mark in video) was one of the lower priced ones at around $45 I think he said. Looks like a nice design to me but I prefer the spear point if I can get it. Have dispatched a lot of smaller animals with the s&w spear point and it's basically like poking it through a vanilla cream pie.

Last Edited:
I noticed this company from the video above have a giant selection from low to high end and sorted by type. Prices seem good too from what I can tell. Don't know about shipping cost. Wide range of Boker auto knives.

I quit carrying auto knives in favor of a Kershaw that I can open easily with one hand. Several times, now, I have had the safeties come off while in a pocket, and not noticed the blade opening... til I reached a hand into the pocket, and found a razor-sharp blade open in there. Not cool.

I quit carrying auto knives in favor of a Kershaw that I can open easily with one hand. Several times, now, I have had the safeties come off while in a pocket, and not noticed the blade opening... til I reached a hand into the pocket, and found a razor-sharp blade open in there. Not cool.

Which ones do you recommend that are easy to open? Thanks...

This is the model I have: https://www.kershaw-knives.net/Kershaw-Nerve-3420.php .

Not necessarily trying to dissuade you from an automatic, with just my one grumpy old man opinion. There are a LOT of easy to open folders out there, with the little tab or button you can catch with your thumb to get it started, and a flick of the wrist to snap it the rest of the way locked. I like this Kershaw, because the blade takes and keeps a very sharp edge, even though it says " made in China" right on the blade.

Some malls have a knife shop in them, and it is always nice to be able to go in and see which one feels "right" to you.

It's a little heavy but it seems to be holding up just fine and has a lifetime warranty. Supposedly US.But who knows. Less than $75

View attachment 809077 View attachment 809078 View attachment 809079 View attachment 809080 View attachment 809081
My amazon (can't remember actual brand name) out the front knife has an identical holster to that and glass breaker, pocket clip, and trigger (is that what it's called?) are the same. Body is very similar also. Mine has different blade though. Looks like it's sold under many names and variations. Mine sure has a nice action fwiw but I agree it's heavy. Here are a few similar ones from amazon FYI: BC8A5ED3-A22D-4DA9-B5FF-E70C96089F75.jpeg 68FA13A9-19B0-40D0-A27F-7D697306E564.jpeg BED1DE02-2A2B-45CD-8B91-F7CB9D01EB54.jpeg

I've bought several push blade knives from wish. I got a razor edge in all of them. They have butterfly knives of all kinds as sizes for cheap too. The push button knives are legal because they break from extending if something is in the way. I wouldn't test that in your nuts but i tried it on a piece of cardboard And they stop fine. Then just flick it to extend the rest of the way. Making butterfly knives illegal was stupid. A kitchen chef knife is triple the size and legal to carry. makes me want more butterfly knives tho.
Lee

I won this Kershaw at an event 2 1/2 years ago and it's been my daily companion since that day. Carried in my right front pants pocket, clipped at the top, rear of the pocket opening. Besides eventually chewing up the pocket (about the time the pants were trashed, anyway) my only complaint was the two screws holding the clip would work loose. A dab of Locktite cured that.
If I lost it, I'd buy another.
Kershaw closed.jpg Kershaw open.jpg

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews