JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Thinking about selling a slew of 1911's, how much of a hassle is this new (new to me) 1639 FFL transfer thing? Do you collect the money then the FFL sits on the gun until the buyer is approved? What happens if the buyer gets rejected, is it easy to give them their money back and get your gun back from the FFL?

Thinking about selling a slew of 1911's, how much of a hassle is this new (new to me) 1639 FFL transfer thing? Do you collect the money then the FFL sits on the gun until the buyer is approved? What happens if the buyer gets rejected, is it easy to give them their money back and get your gun back from the FFL?
I dont know about wa but for oregon buyers you can drive them to said oregon ffl and its ussualy a 15-30 min deal, lately its been a few hours maby next day if you start the process late in the day.

Sigs are nice i got a 1911 tacops in 10mm with no complaints.except if it has a rail it narrows down the holsters That fit

if you can squeeze a bit more than 700 Id look closely at the Springfield Ronin 1911 for 850...

ronin-alt-feature-1600x1200-1-768x576.png

I'd personally steer clear of the Armscor made guns. I had one. It had issues. I would never trust another. Poorly cast internal parts. Guide rod shattered during recoil, chewed up the inside of my frame pretty badly. You get a lot of features for cheap on those guns - but they're poorly made, all cast parts that aren't made very well. You could get lucky and get one that runs, or you could have what happened to me, happen to you. Spend a bit more, buy quality. Kimber, Colt, Dan Wesson, Sig...

I've heared good things about the Remington R1. May I recommend you look for something with a "beavertail"? That makes the whole experience more enjoyable!

I have Ruger and RIA and am very happy with both, my Ruger is SS and great finish. My RIA was much cheaper and has a cheaper parkerized finish, but shoots great.

Another vote for Rock Island
I would get the upgraded model over the USGI because it has the features most folks want, myself included. such as beavertail grip safety, larger thumb safety Commander style hammers and more.
RIA also has excellent service as well.

Well after weeks of racking my brain trying to figure out what model of 45 I wanted, I did it. For a month I have been looking at a couple of kimber at bi-mart. One a custom 2 lw 45 and a custom 2 1911 GFO, 10mm. I didn't like the alloy frame on the lw so I bought the 10mm. I did some reading on the 10mm and thought it would be a good caliber. I guess it is a 2019 shot show special, probably means only 2 million was made versus 4 million.lol.anyway I hope it don't have ftf problems like I have read. Will find out when i pick it up.that is a stock photo

669278375519__61824.1575706380.jpg

Last Edited:
I did some reading on the 10mm and thought it would be a good caliber. I guess it is a 2019 shot show special, probably means only 2 million was made versus 4 million.lol.anyway I hope it don't have ftf problems like I have read

Congratulations on the beautiful pistol. A buddy has a Kimber and it shoots flawless. 10mm ammo is slightly more expensive than 45 but way more versatile...

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top