JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have been wanting a full size 1911 for quite a while now..my question is anybody own a 1911 under 700.00 new? I don't have a clue about 1911s and don't want to spend a paycheck on one.

There's definitely a lot out there to choose from. I would look at Rock Island Armory. Very high quality out of the box for not a lot of $$. When it comes to 1911's, everyone makes one and everyone has an opinion on theirs. I don't own an RIA 1911, but if I was going to buy my first, that's where I would probably go if on a budget. I doubt that you would be disappointed.

There's definitely a lot out there to choose from. I would look at Rock Island Armory. Very high quality out of the box for not a lot of $$. When it comes to 1911's, everyone makes one and everyone has an opinion on theirs. I don't own an RIA 1911, but if I was going to buy my first, that's where I would probably go if on a budget. I doubt that you would be disappointed.

From what I have heard, they are serviceable. The Govt model seems to be no-frills. They also have Tacticool models. From what I read, they just work. I wouldn't mind having their 1911 9mm/.22TCM at all!!!

Pretty good deal on a 1911A1 clone. $349 from Classic Firearms
FTxqWqO.jpg
zFCIhHn.jpg

From what I have heard, they are serviceable. The Govt model seems to be no-frills. They also have Tacticool models. From what I read, they just work. I wouldn't mind having their 1911 9mm/.22TCM at all!!!

Their 1911 in 22 TCM is my wife's favorite rabbit buster. I've got one of their compact 1911's that I keep in the center console of my truck. Neither of them will win any beauty pageants, but both have been 100% reliable.

Rock Island are hard to beat for the money, and you get a lot of nice features you would be paying a lot for with others!
Step up a bit and Kimber are really good! Or, you could buy a new Colt from the company who perfected the art of the 1911!
Any of the recommended 1911's would make a fine piece, and would serve you well!

I would look at Rock Island Armory. Very high quality out of the box for not a lot of $$.
Yep I was impressed with the ones I have looked at and am possibly planning on buying one in 9mm.

Very smooth action, good trigger and far more positive reviews than negative.

Armscorp makes Rock Island Armory and Citadel brand 1911 style 45s here's a link to a review on the Citadel

Again, have fun shopping! Many of us are experiencing this purchase through you.

There was a beautiful colt comander 70 series on here just a few days ago for 700, ive been trying to keep myself from buying if but i keep drooling over it.
There is also a ria 1911 double stack 10mm ive been eyeballing for under $700

Last Edited:
Now I am thinking of trading my Sig p229 dak 40 sw for something.i don't think I put 50 rounds it since new, sounds like I am in for some serious thought

Last Edited:
Rock Island Armory. Great first 1911. Beat the cr@p out of it with iffy reloads, learned how to put the takedown pin back correctly and had a blast with it. Like a sports car, don't go for the Ferrari first; start with a tuner Honda you can thrash.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top