JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I like plain edges....but then I also don't care for Ruffles Potato chips either...
So there may be a theme here...or I am just weird....:eek: :D

In all seriousness....
What do you cut mostly / What is the knife's intended use....?
Things like webbing , netting , rope and the like , do tend to cut better with a serrated edge....
Some things do better with a plain edge.
Andy

I Have 4 or 5 spyderco knives. All serrated. I have one spyderco Persian folder that is plain edged. I love the serrated ones more. Ive used them on and off for 20 years. That being said, I carried a Kershaw leek daily for about 10 years before swapping it out for a CRKT CEO last year. Neither of which are serrated. :(

So, I've got my mind on a Spyderco Endura 4 and am having a battle in my head on which one. Partial Serrated or Plain edge, what says you?:D Give me your EDC usage reasons.:s0155:

Depends on how you use your blade! I don''t normally like serrated blades, but they do have their place! My Fav is a FULL serrated blade Krambit by CRKT specifically chosen for how well it cuts through safety belts, harnesses, and clothing! It sucks for everything else, but that's the deal! The rest of my blades are non serrated, they are easier to keep razor sharp and serve my needs well!

Yeah, I don't cut a lot of rope/straps etc. but, as an EDC, I just wondered how often folks might need the serrated part. I'm leaning more to the plain edge but, can see the use of the serrated part if I had to cut myself/someone out of a seat belt.

I say plain edge. I carried either an Endura or a Delica for a lot of years with the combo edge and didn't mind them at all. Now I only use plain edge. Much easier to sharpen and if kept sharp will cut just about anything. I have also stepped up to compression lock Spyderco's and will never go back to the back lock knives. I know the compression locks are more expensive but I think they are worth it. Much easier one handed open and closing. PM 2 or Para 3 would be my vote. Para 3 lightweight is not that much more than the Endura 4.

Thanks for the tips! I ordered an Endura with the green handle and plain edge. I got the VG-10 version.

:s0060:

s-l1600 (1).jpg

I'm a big Spyderco fan after trying several other brands. I dislike the full serrated and partialy serrated knives, as I find the plain edge to be more versatile for an everyday carry. I have used an endura for everyday carry but end up carrying the delica far more often.

My Endura made in the mail today and I am extremely pleased with it! Fits the hand nicely and is really sharp. This one is going to get carried a lot I can see that already.:s0060:

thumbnail_IMG_0265.jpg

Very nice! I think you will enjoy that knife for years to come. I suspect the Endura is one of leading sellers in the spyderco line. Everything about them is easy to use (at least for me), from the simple lock-back design, to the light weight, the frn handle material that provides good grip, the overall thinness, and super sharp, not overly thick blade.

Very nice! I think you will enjoy that knife for years to come. I suspect the Endura is one of leading sellers in the spyderco line. Everything about them is easy to use (at least for me), from the simple lock-back design, to the light weight, the frn handle material that provides good grip, the overall thinness, and super sharp, not overly thick blade.
Yeah, I've been sitting here playing with it (the knife!) and already have found myself getting used to the blade and grip design! I do think, this might be the best feeling one I've held in quite sometime.:s0155:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top