JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
No doubt you did but how about after WA changed its laws with respect to semi-auto rifles?

Subject to the exception in subsection (b)(3), subsection (a)(3) of section 18 U.S. Code § 922 requires transfers of firearms to go through a FFL in the persons state of residence. Subsection (b)(3) of section 18 U.S. Code § 922 allows transfers of rifles and shotguns by out of state FFLs but only if the transferee meets in person with the transferor to accomplish the transfer, and the sale, delivery, and receipt fully complies with the legal conditions of sale in both such States. So how does an OR or ID FFL fully comply with all of the legal conditions for sale of an AW in WA at this time? If they cannot, then there is no exception and subsection (a)(3) controls.
Read the WA statute concerning out of state purchases that I posted earlier in the thread. Nowhere does it mention that in order to buy long guns in another state, that the buyer has to follow the extra WA steps in that state. It goes on to state that the purchase is only subject to WA's procedures (ie. 1639) and background check, if the sale takes place in WA. I'm sure this "loophole" will be amendment once Dems get wind of it (just like being a able to buy a receiver same day surely will) but for the time being it's legal. I really don't understand how so many gun owners are clueless to their rights.

Take the stupid 3 minite test at sporting systems and move on...

I would if it didn't mean an "Assault weapon fee," registration with the DOL, and the 10 day waiting period, which is more often than not, up to a month because of the backlog.

Lol this is so funny. I want to buy a mattress in any state other then Washington even though I'm a resident.

Do I need to worry about the mattress police.

Both these states have dummies that post way worse on larger social media sites.

You just TRY and remove that tag that says, "do not remove this tag under penalty of law" and see what happens to you.... BUCKO!! o_O

:s0140:

I'll let someone else test these ATF waters, there's no legal precedent and it's easy enough to comply with the law here. I definitely wouldn't stake my future freedom or rights on speculation. WheatNuts v Bob Ferg

The BATFE is NOT a factor in this as it's not against federal law to buy a long gun in a state that you don't reside in...

You can buy it aware you want but it has to be delivered to you in WA by WA FFL. That is federal law and has been so for a long time. So unless the firearm you want is not in stock locally, or you can get a better price, there is no advantage in buying it from an OR FFL.

INCORRECT!! That applies to handguns ONLY....

GD, "Internet experts" gunna 'spurt... :rolleyes:

No doubt you did but how about after WA changed its laws with respect to semi-auto rifles?

Subject to the exception in subsection (b)(3), subsection (a)(3) of section 18 U.S. Code § 922 requires transfers of firearms to go through a FFL in the persons state of residence. Subsection (b)(3) of section 18 U.S. Code § 922 allows transfers of rifles and shotguns by out of state FFLs but only if the transferee meets in person with the transferor to accomplish the transfer, and the sale, delivery, and receipt fully complies with the legal conditions of sale in both such States. So how does an OR or ID FFL fully comply with all of the legal conditions for sale of an AW in WA at this time? If they cannot, then there is no exception and subsection (a)(3) controls.

I don't buy assault weapons. Buying assault weapons is stupid. I only buy finely crafted bolt actions, lever actions, and single shots.

Assault weapons have no soul, require little skill to build, and show none of the fine workmanship that I value and enjoy.....which means I just build them myself since I can't mess up ugly!

I don't buy assault weapons. Buying assault weapons is stupid. I only buy finely crafted bolt actions, lever actions, and single shots.

Assault weapons have no soul, require little skill to build, and show none of the fine workmanship that I value and enjoy.....which means I just build them myself since I can't mess up ugly!

So.... you discriminate against black rifles?! :eek:

ADCAD649-9AE7-42BF-85CF-4F6B15C0A180.gif

To each his own. I only bought one; the rest I built from parts. I think ugly is part of what makes them attractive.:D

I'll let someone else test these ATF waters, there's no legal precedent and it's easy enough to comply with the law here. I definitely wouldn't stake my future freedom or rights on speculation. WheatNuts v Bob Ferg

ATF is federal they are not going to mess with state BS especially when it is legal to do what the OP is inquiring about.

Read the WA statute concerning out of state purchases that I posted earlier in the thread. Nowhere does it mention that in order to buy long guns in another state, that the buyer has to follow the extra WA steps in that state. It goes on to state that the purchase is only subject to WA's procedures (ie. 1639) and background check, if the sale takes place in WA. I'm sure this "loophole" will be amendment once Dems get wind of it (just like being a able to buy a receiver same day surely will) but for the time being it's legal. I really don't understand how so many gun owners are clueless to their rights.

I would if it didn't mean an "Assault weapon fee," registration with the DOL, and the 10 day waiting period, which is more often than not, up to a month because of the backlog.
So there does not appear to be a dispute over what federal law says. The question is what is required to comply with the terms of the exception for rifles and shotguns and how one fully complies with the legal conditions of sale in both such States. What makes you think that a federal or WA court would not construe the "fully complies" requirement to include all or some of the WA initiative applicable to so called AWs? There may be a loophole as you suggest, but I would not want to be the test case, especially given the stated purpose and intent of the initiative measure. Your argument would be that since the voters did not amend RCW 9.41.122 they did not intend to modify it in any way. The opposing argument is that the voters did not intend to create an exception that would allow WA residents to totally avoid the initiative by buying AWs in OR or ID but that they understood that the federal fully comply requirement would necessarily include all of the initiative requirements, so that it was unnecessary to amend RCW 9.41.122. Good luck with whatever you decide.

I have an idea. Show up at one with nothing but Benjamins and an ID and tell us the results. I'm fairly interested. In my experience, an FFL will not want to argue with you about laws, even if you can prove you're right so in that case, just try a different FFL? Or build a mutha?

Personally I don't see the need for all the discussion on this. OR FFLs know the laws. Call an Oregon FFL and ask. Let us know what u find out for the education of all.

I talked to an OR FFL and I have an AK in transit to them right now. I don't want to name them yet, since it's in process, but they had no problem wanting to work with me. I'll update everyone once the rifle is in my hands.

Here's an update, guys: I ended up buying two AKs from Atlantic Firearms and had them shipped to Money Market Pawn Shop in Portland. They both got delivered yesterday (8/10) and I went in and filled out the 4473. The owner was more than happy to work with me and the only thing he required on my part was a copy of the WA 1639 training certificate. He showed me on the computer that there was a backlog of background checks and that there were around 1600 people in front of me, and he said it would probably take around 5 days to get to me. This is much better than minimum 10 days, taxes, and registering semi autos in WA. I am extremely happy with my experience. I haven't bought a semi auto in WA since 1639 passed, and don't intend to ever do that again.

Seems like a bigger hassle to me. To each their own.

But just don't go start thinking Washington doesn't know you have 2 new AK's.

sau.jpeg

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads