Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Looking for Vihtavuori Powder

Discussion in 'Ammunition & Reloading' started by nrc, Mar 30, 2012.

1. nrc

nrc Oregon Member

Has anyone seen any 160 or 560 powder in stock around Portland or Vancouver?

Thanks.

Nate

2. jimwsea

jimwsea Vancouver, Washington state Active Member

Shooters Service Center on North Lombard St. in Portland is the only place I've seen that brand of powder on the shelf. I'm not sure about the specific ones you want.

3. deadshot2

deadshot2 NW Quadrant WA State Well-Known Member

How much are you looking for? If more than a pound or two consider an online source like Powder Valley, In all the shops around me that stock VV powders, you'd think the owner flew to Finland himself to bring it back in his luggage. Their prices seem to reflect his attempt to recover the cost of his plane ticket:)

I save enough on even my small orders at Powder Valley to offset the Hazmat Fee and Freight. Doesn't take a lot if you're able to save as much as half on things like primers and expensive powders like the VV line. Also don't have to spend any money on gas as the order comes right to your door.

4. taylor

taylor Willamette Valley Well-Known Member

Fishermans in Oregon City had just got a shipment last time I was there.

5. nrc

nrc Oregon Member

Thanks guys. Shooters supply had a 1lb and 2lb of pistol powder, but nothing in the rifle-range I'm looking for.

I should've checked my mail earlier - I was down near Fisherman's at lunch. Will check them out.

Nate

6. Jammer Six

Jammer Six North Greenlake, Seattle New Member

I ended up going to Midway. I don't particularly care for it, and the hassle getting it made it less desirable.

For what I load, Titegroup is quite close, and far easier to obtain.