JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Wanted Ad Type
  1. Want to Buy
Manufacturer
Remington
Caliber
5.56x45mm NATO
City
Vancouver
State
Washington
Not brand specific, though I am working with Lake City Brass at the moment. But if you have unprepped .223 and (or) 5.56 brass I'd be interested in talking with you. It's a cheap and meditating way for me to stay busy while watching football on Sundays...:cool:

1. I agree to the classified rules and terms of service
Not brand specific, though I am working with Lake City Brass at the moment. But if you have unprepped .223 and (or) 5.56 brass I'd be interested in talking with you. It's a cheap and meditating way for me to stay busy while watching football on Sundays...:cool:
Hey pete, there was a whole lot left at our range today. A new member just left it lay. I believe it was FC. I didn't take any of it because I tire of picking it up.. Last time I picked up 1000 pieces of PMC and FC.... Its free for the picking buddy. Just got to go and get it..;)
MnviO1E.jpg

Hey pete, there was a whole lot left at our range today. A new member just left it lay. I believe it was FC. I didn't take any of it because I tire of picking it up.. Last time I picked up 1000 pieces of PMC and FC.... Its free for the picking buddy. Just got to go and get it..;)
View attachment 629965
Nice haul!!! I'll try and get out there next week and hopefully it's still out there! Is this Lawrence?

Nice haul!!! I'll try and get out there next week and hopefully it's still out there! Is this Lawrence?
Yep, it sure is buddy. I shot my AR a little today. Still breaking in that new barrel. Here's how that FC range pickup does:
BWTKeED.jpg

Your Winchester model 70 varmint rifle you just bought should shoot better than that, when you find the right load. Keep working on it and the accuracy will probably make your head spin. If for some reason you find the rifle doesn't shoot to your liking, I may be interested in taking it off your hands...;)

Also, that load I was telling you about that all my rifles like with the 73gr. eldm bullet, shoots like this in my 1 in 9 twist savage:
tjU2tqT.jpg

That AR comp powder drops very nicely through a powder measure. Makes loading those tiny 223 cases a snap. I'll load over 300 of them in an hour on my single stage rock chucker... [Edit to add the charge weight of both loads is 20.5 grains or AR comp] for both the 73 gr. ELD match and 77 gr. TMK.. The loads are on the slow side, but are extremely accurate and very safe in all of my firearms. I'll be working up a different load that is faster, so it will be better at longer range (600 yards). For now, these are very accurate out to 450 yards (as tested)...

Last Edited:
Wow, boy do you have that recipe dialed in man! I also read you loud and clear if I'm ever looking to part ways with my Model 70VR, you will be the first to know for sure. On the topic of powder droppers, I invested in an Infellidropper and the Lyman Brass Smith Pro Funnel System. Using the funnel with a collet that fits around the neck if the case makes reloading a breeze and painless.

The recipe search is going to take me awhile and I'm definitely going go try those hornady bullets you're using. How many grains of powder are you running through your AR ammo? Oh and I checked my Hogdon Reloading Manual to find that the H4350 and Varget put out the highest FPS as well as the CFE 223 that I'm planning to invest in. I have 50 rounds of the Sierra 63 Grain I want to finish putting down range and chronograph to dial in the load data and pinpoint it all down. Look forward to seeing you at the ramge my friend d a d it's awesome to see you on here.

Wow, boy do you have that recipe dialed in man! I also read you loud and clear if I'm ever looking to part ways with my Model 70VR, you will be the first to know for sure. On the topic of powder droppers, I invested in an Infellidropper and the Lyman Brass Smith Pro Funnel System. Using the funnel with a collet that fits around the neck if the case makes reloading a breeze and painless.

The recipe search is going to take me awhile and I'm definitely going go try those hornady bullets you're using. How many grains of powder are you running through your AR ammo? Oh and I checked my Hogdon Reloading Manual to find that the H4350 and Varget put out the highest FPS as well as the CFE 223 that I'm planning to invest in. I have 50 rounds of the Sierra 63 Grain I want to finish putting down range and chronograph to dial in the load data and pinpoint it all down. Look forward to seeing you at the ramge my friend d a d it's awesome to see you on here.
Cool, sounds good Pete. Just be mindful that you don't always have to have the highest velocity in the cartridge to make it shoot well. You'll find accuracy in nodes all the way up to the top, when you are doing your load development. You'll just have to try to pick the most consistent node that will produce the best accuracy. Sometimes that means you'll have to be 100 fps off the highest velocity you think you need to have. However, if you try different powders, you might find what you are looking for. Most times I just try to keep things simple. Those powder measures, that you bought, sound pretty cool and good to use. The powder you list are top powders and work very well in many different cartridges. I like that because it adds a lot of versatility and flexibility. Another one to try, that I've had excellent results from, is RL15. Take care and be safe with your handloading... Never skimp and always be aware of what you are doing. Every time you touch that brass, you are going to basically be inspecting it. I also talked to one of the head club members and suggested we do our fall rimfire shoot and thanksgiving/Christmas turkey shoot. You and many other members need to participate in these events. I get tired of shooting with the same old guys.. Ha ha.. Just kidding buddy... They are a great bunch of people, you will fit in great there....Spread the word about those shoots and hopefully we will make it happen...:cool:

ron just liked my post. He was at the last turkey shoot. It was a lot of fun. Lets hope it happens again this year. Try to make it to the upcoming club meeting. This wednesday I believe...

Purchased 2,500+ rounds from the post and the gun range I'm a member of. Finished those up in one week and got another 1,500 rounds from this post I'm working through right now. Giving this post a bump to see if anyone else has .223/5.56 ti spare out there?

I have quite a bit of lake city processed and possibly some unprocessed brass that I wouldn't mind getting rid of. PM me, I live in Albany but wouldn't mind going as far as like portland if we can figure out a time that works for both of us.

Members are allowed to ask whatever they want for items posted in the classified sections. If you don't like the price of an item, simply move on. Posting negative comments will result in the revocation of your classified privileges.