JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hey Guys/Gals

So, I've spent the last 3 months looking into Gun Ranges/Clubs in my area. I'm from McMinnville and am willing to travel about 30 miles around me. I would prefer a nice club/range but I'm starting to buy steel targets and target holders for outdoor training. Not a pop can shooter - I want to actually train.

Does anyone have suggestions on clubs that offer good training courses, that actually answer the phone/email? I've tried clubs in Newberg, up to Tri County Gun Club and I can't get a single answer on membership waiting lists, when to visit, etc.

Hoping for some local advice on good clean shooting areas and hopefully some paid defensive pistol training and more.

Thanks for any advice I can get!

It may be too far from you but ARPC is the best club in Oregon. Look them up on the net and call during business hours. Albany Rifle and Pistol Club. They have training and shooting events almost every weekend and even though they have 2600 members you will have a place to shoot.

It may be too far from you but ARPC is the best club in Oregon. Look them up on the net and call during business hours. Albany Rifle and Pistol Club. They have training and shooting events almost every weekend and even though they have 2600 members you will have a place to shoot.

Great, thanks Just Jim. I don't mind driving an hour for a good place to shoot. I'll check them out.

Do you know what this line means on the Dues and Fees of the Orientation booklet;

"ARPC's annual renewal dues are payable twelve months from your sign-up date."

Does that mean you have a year to pay your dues off?

Do you know what this line means on the Dues and Fees of the Orientation booklet;

"ARPC's annual renewal dues are payable twelve months from your sign-up date."

Does that mean you have a year to pay your dues off?

Note the word "renewal". I'm not a member there, but I'm guessing that it means that you renew your membership on the anniversary of your sign-up date. So you if you sign up September 1, you'll pay one year's dues at that time, and then September 1 of next year your dues for the next year will be payable in full at that time.

Tri county is good, they have many ranges, activities and competitions, I don't know where they're at with their membership limit, a month or two ago they said that they were opening their memberships again, you'll also have to keep up with attitude from some of the RSOs, nothing too bad, all in all a good place to go and have fun.

I'm a dork ... glossed over the 'renewal' word. Thanks!

I've emailed Tri County 3x directly from their website submission form over the last month and haven't received a single response.

They're not the best when it comes to e-communication, you can call them or if you have time on a Saturday (I think it's the first Saturday of the month when they accept new members), just wake up and go and see if others are there or not, it'll be easily evident if they are accepting new memberships or not.

Ditto for APRC! Great club, great folks! We will have a 1,000yd line within five years. 200 now. I drive from PDX and it's well worth it!:D

I'm leaning towards ARPC - I have the application filled out. My problem with smaller local locals is the limited out of range availability or other events like training classes, trap, etc. ARPC seems to have it all, including steel.

I really appreciate all the help here. I'm looking to make my shooting a consistent weekly habit now that I conceal carry daily.

I'm leaning towards ARPC - I have the application filled out. My problem with smaller local locals is the limited out of range availability or other events like training classes, trap, etc. ARPC seems to have it all, including steel.

I really appreciate all the help here. I'm looking to make my shooting a consistent weekly habit now that I conceal carry daily.

Good plan! Gotta practice! Glad you chose ARPC! I'm the incredibly handsome one!:rolleyes:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top