1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!
  2. The lucky winners of the NWFA Fall Giveaway 2016 have been announced!
    Dismiss Notice

Looking for the wife

Discussion in 'Rifles Wanted' started by Jcraig, Mar 6, 2011.

1. Jcraig

Jcraig Grants pass oregon New Member

Hey all, First time on this site. i am looking for a hunting rifle to give to the future mrs. she has asked me to teach her how to shoot and to hunt. because she wants to go with me. when i heard that she would like to go and participate with me out in the woods i was exstatic. she has never fired anything bigger then my .22's and i would rather her stay away from my 7mm mag for a while yet until she becomes comfertable shooting something all of her own. so that is why i am posting here today,

i am looking for something like a 7mm.08 (single shot is fine) or a savage 99(30-30,300sav,.308) savage 340 30-30, the savage 170 is ok too.
    i can reload for her and get her to do what i can do with my 7mm mag. she is left handed but is ok with a right hand bolt gun.
    if any one has one for sale around 200.00 or so let me know.
  2. MarkAd

MarkAd Port Orchard Well-Known Member

depending on the game you are hunting a 243, 270 or 06 would do fine. 200 bucks isn't going to get you much.
  3. coop44

coop44 Tacoma ,WA Well-Known Member

milsurp 7mm, 8mm, 303 brit. Find one that "bubba" has gotten hold of. For 200 that's about all you're going to get.
  4. Arkitek

Arkitek Historic Downtown Roseburg Oregon Member

:D Kinda surprised by the title of this thread...glad she wasnt lost.
  5. jayleno

jayleno Western PDX Member

I was going to offer him mine if he couldn't find his own.
  6. Blitzkrieg

Blitzkrieg WA Well-Known Member

Looks like he found her after posting this thread..

Now he wants rifle suggestions.. as to caliber the 243 is an excellent choice