JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
hey headshot...Welcome again...
So to start, I read your intro post, so knowing that you have no experience, what is the bigger concern??? HD or plinking/fun. you are going to get a lot of responses here ranging from the typical "A slingshot will be fine" to "everyone needs to have their own howitzer mounted on their riding lawn mower":gun06::gun07::gun04::gun03::gun10::gun11::gun12::gun21::s0043:

We really need more info. do you have a clue what you might like for HD pistol, rifle, shotgun, what is the expenditure limit, how much time to practice, where will you be practicing. IMO you need more that one. this is one thing that most of us agree on...more than one gun:s0114:
A shotgun is probably the best for HD, but pistols and regular rifles can be more fun(unless you like to skeet shoot:D).

One other thing, do you have any physical limitations?

hey headshot...Welcome again...
So to start, "everyone needs to have their own howitzer mounted on their riding lawn mower"

We really need more info,a shotgun is probably the best for HD, but pistols and regular rifles can be more fun(unless you like to skeet shoot:D).

One other thing, do you have any physical limitations?

I have to tow the howitzer behind me cause my tractor isnt that big.

I sold a little old lady her first handgun on Saturday, She picked out a Taurus model 605- 3" blued .357 Magnum. I think it is going to be good all around protection for her and if she doesn't like the recoil from .357 Mag rounds she can always use .38 Special ammo. BTW the gun was priced at $355 and it was brand new.

for home defense I'm thinking maybe a 9mm,Practice at least once a week at the Lebanon Oregon indoor range,price looking at like 500 bones to spend I do have a varment gun but never get to the other side of the mountain

As I just posted else where; CZ PCR alloy 9MM or the CZ 85 Combat nice triggers on most CZs/ esp. after the 500 round break in.
My CZs have not had any hiccups with the 1200 rnds. shot so far from the start [new guns].

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top