JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Different strokes for different folks. There are so many factors to consider when selecting a suppressor. We are all making our selection based on a set of criteria that is unique to ourselves. So can you provide us with some additional details on what firearm/firearms you are looking to suppress and in what calibers. That will help us provide better feedback on what suppressors and brands might best fit your needs.

With the limited info you provided, I would recommend looking at Dead Air, Rugged and CGS. The Dead Air Wolfman is tops in the 9mm PCC world right now but due to its diameter isn't an ideal pistol can. Rugged Obsidian and CGS Mod 9 are what most consider the top 9mm pistol cans on the market. For only a slight increase in weight the Rugged Obsidian 45 is likely a better choice than the 9mm and some owners report getting better sound reduction out of their Obsidian 45 shooting 9mm than they do with their 9mm Obsidian. The CGS Mod 9 is usually regarded as the quietest 9mm can on the market but only by a few DB's at most and at the expense of durability. When I say durability I am talking about it only having a stainless steel blast baffle with the remaining baffles being aluminum.

I would stick with a known brand in the industry since you are going to spend $200 on a tax stamp and could be waiting a year or more for approval and receipt of your stamp. Quality brands are going to be in business and able to repair your can in the event of user error or baffle strike and keep you from having to get another stamp and wait that year all over again because you needed a new serial#/can. Lots of suppressor companies are here today and gone tomorrow, even industry icons are on the verge of going under so make sure you do your research. AAC was purchased by the same holding company that owns Remington and laid off most of their staff around Xmas, has done very little R&D to stay current in the market and doesn't pass the sniff test for a company headed in the right direction. There are similar concerns for Gemtech also.

Brands to look at reviews of to for your own opinion in general: YHM, CGS, Dead Air, CGS, Thunderbeast, Q, Griffin, Rugged, Bowers (Local Oregon Company and been doing it a long time) and SilencerCo.

Other things to consider:
- Host tolerance to back pressure
- POI shift due to unmount/remount
- Tone
- Mounting method
- Durability
- Serviceability
- Material tolerance to cleaning method
- Rated caliber
- Barrel length restrictions
I've been looking at the Rugged Obsidian 45 due to its glowing reviews, versatility, and performance as my first can. I'm seeing that it came out in 2015 but it still shows that it's a top pick in the suppressor world. Any experience with this can first hand?
Also, what do you think about the SilencerCo Hybrid 46? Seems even more versatile. Also, I've seen reviews saying they shot 22LR through the Obsidian 45. Is it even rated for that as well? Sorry for all the questions, you just seem knowledgeable in the subject

I talked to my lgs and wanted the quietest 30 cal can and I didn't care about size and weight. He sold me a AAC 762SD. It's still pending approval and I'm excited to try it out. The thing is huge, like 9"s long (giggity!). I just hope I'm not let down by my expectations when I do get to play with it, giggity again!

What are you planing on shooting with it?
I bought one years ago and love it. Mostly I shoot heavy grain .300 Blackout and it's wicked quiet out of a 10.5" Rainer Arms barrel.
I did switch over to the A.A.C. 51t muzzle brakes instead of their flashhiders as as I read that a muzzle break helps prevent erosion to the first section of the suppressor.

What are you planing on shooting with it?
I bought one years ago and love it. Mostly I shoot heavy grain .300 Blackout and it's wicked quiet out of a 10.5" Rainer Arms barrel.
I did switch over to the A.A.C. 51t muzzle brakes instead of their flashhiders as as I read that a muzzle break helps prevent erosion to the first section of the suppressor.
Mainly 300blk out of my AR pistol and I just picked a Ruger American in 300blk that takes AR mags. Both are very satisfying to shoot !. Im set up with their flash hiders now (4 of them) as the muzzle brakes seem to be sold out everywhere. I'll eventually find them and swap them out. I'm loading heavy (220gr and up) for it right around 1050 FPS. It's been fun loading five rounds, stepping out my back door and being able to shoot them to test before cranking out several hundred.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top