JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Looking for someone to help me put a price on a 1937 ( not 1941 ) Winchester 94 .... Please message me here or use the email address in the picture and I will send info and pictures ... Thanks Doug in Silverton Ore ....

CARD.jpg

Last Edited:
Condition? Caliber? You are asking for some help here I think it is on you to put up some pictures.o_O

========================================

OK .... Trying to figure out a value on this 1937 Winchester Model 94 30WCF ... first 4 numbers of serial # 1157 in EX+ condition . Been told its only been fired 1 time other then at the factory ???? ... any help would be great .

DSC02524.JPG DSC02520.JPG

Last Edited:
how many total digits in the S/N? as i recall they did not use a ramp on the front sight until sometime in the 40's... earlier than that they were in a dove tail on the barrel...

how many total digits in the S/N? as i recall they did not use a ramp on the front sight until sometime in the 40's... earlier than that they were in a dove tail on the barrel...

Hi ... I have had several different dates told me on this 94 ... The first 4 numbers of the 7 number serial # is 1157 ... I posted the date question on a Win. 94 collector page and got 2 dates from them 1936 or 1937 ... they also posted picture below showing serial numbers and dates ... and it shows its a 1936 if this info is correct . What do you think ? THANKS

DSC02520.JPG

If the wood and bluing is original(not refinished), and the rifle's overall condition is in excellent shape; $1K+ is not unreasonable.

Your rifle looks to be in excellent (almost like new/perhaps too-good-to-be-true) shape. It is way more common for these to have been refinished/re-blued over the years; than to be in original condition.

W/out a closer look; it's hard to tell if it is original or not. How sharp are the edges of the stamps? Do they look smoothed, as if the metal could have been sanded at one point?

It very well could be original. In which case; you have a very well cared for specimen there.

Remember, condition is everything. Dings, scratches here(a couple on the buttstock), unoriginal parts there, etc. etc. etc., and the price goes down.

Man that's a beauty. I've got my grandfathers that he bought in 1942. It's well worn. Yours appears to be pristine. I agree with the 1k figure. Wish I had the spare cash and ammo was available for it.

Doug I sent you a PM I'm here in Silverton have some experiance in these (I have a 1925 and a 1938 and collect Winchesters) and would be glad to look your carbine over and help out.

1937 is the date of manufacture on this beauty. I would show it to a knowledgeable gun person to confirm the finish is indeed original. If all turns out to be correct it would easily being over 1K.

I'm with slam45 on this. It's date of manufacture is 1941. The rear sight is a ramp style and so it must be 1940's era. In 98% condition as you state, the value is just under $850 without looking at it in person. Grading a Winchester online is like looking at a Rembrandt in a book, neither way really works.

I'm with slam45 on this. It's date of manufacture is 1941. The rear sight is a ramp style and so it must be 1940's era. In 98% condition as you state, the value is just under $850 without looking at it in person. Grading a Winchester online is like looking at a Rembrandt in a book, neither way really works.
I contacted Cody Museum on the date of this 94 .... they dated it , and sent me a paper saying it was for sure 1937 ....

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top