JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
One of the places we shoot sage rats has pretty much poisoned all the little suckers out!

Was hoping to not get skunked this year and find some to blow up, as well as maybe call in a coyote or two.

Any tips on where a guy might find these critters?

Had vaca planned for a week from now, but our previous prospect is not looking too good! :(

Thanks in advance!

Just got back from Klamath Falls today. The alfalfa is getting pretty high now. Was hard to shoot the young ones in the tall plants and another week or so will really not help you. I shot my 20VT for two days and killed about 65 of them. Was super fun after the hunt to watch the bald eagles and their young ones come in to feast. Guess I have to be like everyone I've asked on here "where do you go" and it's a super top secret of their places. I was never able to get any information out of the many that I asked and I hate it to be that way too, but we don't want our places shot out by the time we drive down there next year. I got there about 9am on Thursday and it took me until noon to find the place. You'll have to do the same. Now I've got farmers that appreciated the squirrels I shot, not harming houses, equipment, etc. and said they will call me early next year when they see the critters. You will have to do the same. Unless we meet in a coffee shop and you go with me on the next trip, I can't say (like all the others). A little sad but.....

I've yet to hunt sage rats since moving to Oregon.

However for yotes.

Go to Hornings Hide Out in North Plains. Talk to Bob Horning. If he is in the mood or in need, he will give you permission to hunt coyotes on his property.

If he lets you, the yotes up there tend to like a downed fawnling distress call. However a serenade call will get the packs going out there. I also had luck with an alpha yipe.

I've yet to hunt sage rats since moving to Oregon.

However for yotes.

Go to Hornings Hide Out in North Plains. Talk to Bob Horning. If he is in the mood or in need, he will give you permission to hunt coyotes on his property.

If he lets you, the yotes up there tend to like a downed fawnling distress call. However a serenade call will get the packs going out there. I also had luck with an alpha yipe.
Thank you for the info!

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top