JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Tragers work great, but won't do cheese.
Look into a Bradley with digital controls. That's my next one. Gave away one of those big propane jobs cause it got too hot. Burned up all my salmon.

"The Addiction" lol, my Wife is saying here we go again, RC Helicopters, Aerial Photography, lawn care and the best flowers in the neighborhood, guns & ammo and now this... Smoking our food :s0092:

I had one for a couple of years. It served me well. Keep it dry or the electronics will get funky. It worked real good until it got wet. The temp never fluctuated more than 5 degrees when it was new on a mild day. In cold temps, it would be in the 10-15 range. It is a good entry to the smoking world. Don't be alarmed when you decide to upgrade after a couple of years. I did. I moved up to a MAK 2-star General. Made in Oregon. Fully digitally controlled with 4 program cycles. Electronics are fully weather sealed. It has a cold smoke box on it and more than enough accessories to satisfy your manliness. It'll cost you. So, get the Masterbuilt or Little Chief and start saving your pennies.

I just did a springer fillet in the cold smoke this morning. The grill area gets up to 180 but the cold smoke chamber stays down to 75-80. There are tricks you can use to keep the smoke colder. You need cold smoke for cheese and salmon Lox. I have even smoked watermelon slices in it.

Just get something and feed the new addiction!

Traeger can smoke from 160 to 180 depending on the pellets and the time of the year. SUmmer is a little higher temp. But even with the hickory pellets which burn hotter than others, it never gets above 180.

There are parts of the smoker that are hotter than others inside and if you put something in the front left corner, it is much slower to reach temps for meat. I say this because I have never done cheese so I couldn't tell you for sure.

Also if you put it on something to raise it up, it will be much cooler temp.

I love to use mine for Papa Murphey's pizzas as well as homemade pizza's. The cheese has a nice smoked flavor as well as the crust.

I have a gas smoker and people online were complaining how they could not maintain any temp and could not get it very hot inside.
I built a wooden box and stuck the smoker inside it, now on the low setting for the gas it will stay right at 190* even in the middle of winter. going to have to try the pappa's murphy's pizza that sounds pretty good.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top