Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Looking for Smith to mount PU scope onto a Mosin Nagant 91/30 in Porltand/metro

Discussion in 'Maintenance & Gunsmithing' started by DK47, Jan 22, 2011.

1. DK47

DK47 Beaverton, OR Member

Pretty simple, I need someone to tap into the side of the receiver and shave the wood down a few inches to fit the sidemount. I can supply the hardware I just don't have a tap and dye kit.

It's sad I found this rare scope about 2 years ago and I haven't found a smith to do it, Haven't really looked that hard, but I figure this is the best place to try.

Everyone here is pretty cool and a point in the right direction would be appreciated!

Thanks in advance,

2. mudslinging79

mudslinging79 oregn Member

try roger at revalation arms, had him rebarrel a mn m-44 for me, decent price

3. sweetbeard

sweetbeard Beavertown OreGUN! New Member

good Idea don't do it...

but post pics if you do.

4. DK47

DK47 Beaverton, OR Member

I've actually had a buddy go through Revolution Arms, supposed to be great at what he does. I'll contact him, thanks for the reminder.

I love this rifle, but I want to have more fun with it, I can't effectively see a milk jug at 100 yards with the irons, plus I already did the turned down bolt conversion, so there goes the collector factor. I figure I could just buy another at $100 =)