Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Looking for shooting buddies

Discussion in 'Events & Get Togethers' started by stonedkirby, Feb 1, 2010.

1. stonedkirby

stonedkirby WA (Clark/Cowlitz) Member

Where do i start?

Looking to make some friends to plink with, teach me about firearms and hunting, and just hang out and get to know. On another day ( where we arent shooting ) we can grab some beers and hang out, play xbox, shoot pool, whatever. i dont care. But I am new to washington ( im a former NYC resident since birth ) and embracing my new freedoms. um. and i have no friends :(
    It would be nice to network outside of NWFA.com and actually have people to shoot with.

Sensible, level headed people need inquire only.
    I will ask you to explain things to me if they are firearm related. if that would piss you off, dont bother. if you dont mind being a mentor and a friend, please do!
    I dont do any sort of drugs, so please dont reply if you do.

im 22 in case you were wondering.
    And im hispanic. if that bothers you for some reason, im sorry.

If i posted my desperately lame attempt to make friends in the wrong place, tell me so, and i will gladly move my shame.

And i have my own guns, i wont mooch off of you to use your guns/ammo.

Thanks! :D

2. MarkAd

MarkAd Port Orchard Well-Known Member

Does that mean I can mooch off you?:laugh:

Seriouly, if you come uo toward Kitsap call me a yell. Even if you are a damm yankee fan.:laugh::laugh:

3. stonedkirby

:paranoid: yankee fan...Nooooo....

will do. um, kitsap is right by longview, no?

4. cwegga

cwegga Helena, MT Active Member

Not so much...but I'm up by Kitsap...maybe MarkAd and I should start hanging out.:bluelaugh::p

5. Krinkov

Krinkov NW OREGON Member

Cragislist/Personals

6. JUSTIficatioN

JUSTIficatioN Seattle, Wa Member

What city ya in? If your ever in the Seattle area just send me a PM, I need more friends with guns. As of right now every time I go shooting I'm the only one with firearms and it gets a little old.

7. cbdolphin

cbdolphin Corvallis, OR WTB Spikes Tactical Lowers, cash in hand!

Well, I was going to reply and say that I may live out of your area but I venture out quite often.

Then you had to go on and act like being a Yankee fan was a bad thing!

We could have been friends!:laugh:

8. akimbog18

akimbog18 tualatin New Member

im down in portland always looking for a buddy to shoot with.. go up quite often..

9. Mutoman

Mutoman North Bend Active Member

You might want to ease up on those restrictions just a little. :bluelaugh:
    Or look somewhere else. :laugh:

10. siphin

siphin vancouver New Member

i live in vancouver and love to shoot with people. we should go some time...... that is if you dont mind 2nd amendment extremists.

11. CharlesAFerg

CharlesAFerg Beaverton Active Member

Not if you're stoned.

12. siphin

siphin vancouver New Member

100% drug free.... I hardly ever drink either..... It is my belief that in order to defend your life and the lives of others around you you must maintain a clear mind and be focused on every thing around you. when your under the influance of anything that alters your mind then you are not in a state that allows for rapid and effective thought.

13. Spray-n-pray

Spray-n-pray Battle Ground Moderator Staff Member Bronze Supporter

Going over to English Pit in the morning for a while if anyone wants to go.....

14. twenty20b

twenty20b pacific nw Member

:thumbup:i'm up for shootin. most of my friends dont have the love of guns in them. i'm one mile away from English Pit. i shoot mostly bolts actions.

15. fleshfrombone

fleshfrombone Kitsap Co, WA New Member

Are there good spots in PO? I'm in Bremerton and if I can find a spot closer than where I go now I'd be a happy boy.

16. goneshooting

goneshooting Oregon City Member

yikes don':eek:t

17. cwegga

cwegga Helena, MT Active Member

I posted my spot and a couple of others posted their Kitsap Peninsula spots in this thread: http://www.northwestfirearms.com/forum/showthread.php?t=664 Check there and if your spot is better/closer in let us know where it is...:D

18. fleshfrombone

I go out to Dewatto too, a few miles past the sign saying now entering Mason County. It's a rocky trail that leads up to a logging area. The only road marker is a lone post with a piece of cardboard (probably long gone) called forest springs. It would be a lot easier for me to just show everybody if we could all find a day to meet up. I hope none of you guys are nut jobs, don't want to take you all out :p Kidding of course, or am I :paranoid: No seriously a shootout would be great. I usually go with my brother in law and his roommate.

19. stonedkirby

i think one thing we need to establish is that its also kind of uncomfortable to meet people online who are armed, you want to know that they are safe shooters and mentally stable.

20. fleshfrombone

My sentiments exactly! I'm kinda sketchy meeting armed people and taking them as far out in the woods no one will know you're shooting.