JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Has any one here ever found sheds in either the Wilson or Trask areas lately? I haven't hunted these areas before (deer or elk) but plan on heading out there this fall. I also plan on doing some scouting soon, starting in a couple of weeks looking for sheds. Just hoping to get some pointers from some of you. No..... I'm not trying to get your secret spots, just looking for as much info as possible from those with more experience than me.

Thanks.

Sheds are pretty tough to find in NW Oregon, in my experience. You darn near have to trip over them to find them. I usually only find a couple a year just because the woods are so thick.

This won't help you right now but...I read an article in a "sportsmans" type magazine that was all about a guy in the midwest who trained his lab to find sheds, it was great. Farmers used him to get sheds off the fields so it didn't damage tractor tires. It's a good read if you can find it on the net. But what a great way to spend a day with your dog in the hills.

I use my Shepherd to find sheds.....If you can teach them to retrieve,You can teach them to horn shed hunt.... He will also locate a wounded , downed animal...A old gentleman I come ac crossed on the coast one time wounded A very nice Big big bull and lost him....My buddy fetched him up in a hours time of searching...

bear-4.jpg
bear-3.jpg
bear-2.jpg
bear-0.jpg

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews